What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

One of the first decent days we have had here in central Scotland this year so fired up the pizza oven.

9 Likes

this was prepared for dinner but never got to dessert time - its past tense nowā€¦ :grinning:

daughter bakes cakes and for her age she did well

used over ripe bananas - which nobody would eat due to over-ripeness
used some left over bread
some walnuts on top

and the art of baking a cakeā€¦

As a family and in these lockdown timesā€¦we are getting back to when we had lessā€¦

make use of everything and reduce food waste to zero if possible

8 Likes

I could eat pizza ā€œ8 days a weekā€. That looks terrific.

Scott

1 Like

Pasta alla vongole. Fortunately there has been no panic buying of clams round here.

1 Like

Winter sausage stew again ā€¦ but with different sausages than normal. I donā€™t hold out much hope ā€¦

1 Like

Roast chicken, with Jamaican jerk spice, done in a chicken brick, which I find guarantees tasty, moist chicken, together with hasselback potatoes ā€¦ yum. :yum: :yum:

1 Like

RƓti de pangolin aux lƩgumes de saison.

3 Likes

No, no, no and thrice no!

2 Likes

What is ā€œpangolin ā€œ ?

1 Like

Cute, scaly mammals - think anteater with scales not spines.

I recall having a Panini sticker book on ā€˜mammalsā€™ as a youngster with 400 stickers - the pangolins were some of the most memorable stickers.

Sadly seen as exotic meat in China I believe (?) and/or scales used in Chinese medicine.

ā€˜The pangolin is one of the most critically endangered species on the planet. It is the most trafficked animal in the world, with its scales highly sought in traditional Chinese medicine.ā€™ from:

Interestingly I wonder how much it did fetch.

I believe I have a complete one along with FIFA 1978.

Donā€™t think this is the Panini one but a 1967 card or sticker:

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 02.49.15

1 Like

Donā€™t forget fried bats too. Bats are apparently at the origin of Covid 19, and pangolins the hosts.

We risk putting people off their dinner!

Not at that time, apart perhaps Australia and New Zealand. Forget these images Pete and Mike :smile:

1 Like

I never want to see a bat on a plate again :scream:, and as for the eating a panini I canā€™t imagine Iā€™d ever be that hungry.

1 Like

Same here.

Letā€™s keep endangered animals off the menu on this thread please

2 Likes

Roast (BOQā€™d actually) beef, baked potatoes and and BOQā€™d asparagus with a mushroom gravy. So English.

4 Likes

Tonight Iā€™m having Bubble&S from a left over dinner with a couple of over easy fried eggs and 3 spicy Andouille sausages ā€¦ some crispy Cuban bread and a large goblet of Merlot. A meal for a king; or maybe a minor noble.

Itā€™s the asparagus season, but for me that means gout. One way to prevent it is to eat black beans. They are mixed with chickpeas, tomatoes, coriander, cumin and chilli, with a grating of turmeric. Served the aforesaid asparagus and new potatoes (Majorca not Cornish as I had hoped).

Potato gratin with raclette, compt and cheddar and pan roasted chicken cooked with olive oil, salt, pepper

7 Likes

Barbecue in the garden earlier with the rest of the household. First this year.

1 Like