What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Sausage, mash and gurrrrravy.

Oh, and a couple of these:

Sometimes, simple is best, tha knows, sithee.

3 Likes

Pan fried Salmon, noodles, Pak Choi and Pesto, cashew nuts and coriander side dish. Not decided on the wine yet.

Not cooked this before, let’s see how the kids like it.

4 Likes

It will be a stir fry and I plan to add some wood fungus to it that I’m about to forage:

Grows easily on old elder and is (I believe) closely related to cloud fungus used in Chinese cookery. If picked at this time of year it can go straight into storage since it’s dried out, it can be reconstituted as any dried mushrooms.

Only looked into what this was in the last year, not that rich in taste but it adds a good texture and I think helps with thickening.

5 Likes

Not hard to work out I’m home alone. :rofl:

5 Likes

Made some kind of Spanish casserole last night from a modified BBC recipe.

Had some cold sliced Spanish meats just out of best before date.

Onion, garic and diced chicken fried in olive oil.

Chucked in the diced sliced Chorizo and other sausages which gave a lovely smokey flavour - how simple!

2 chicken stock cubes in 500 ml water

Tin of tomatoes. 2 small sliced fresh tomatoes.

An assortment of beans I’d soaked overnight and simmered.

Some baby potatoes, whole or sliced.

Added fresh parsley at the end.

Very nice.

What’s left is a bit dry and doesn’t look so appetising but may post a pic later.

3 Likes

:yum: :yum:

Trawling through the fish market this morning, I stumbled across two beautiful looking lobsters which I decided to turn into a huge sushi roll:

14 Likes

I’m on my way. :+1:

1 Like

Just making some onion gravy, inspired by Dave it’s sausage and mash tonight, and I like to let the gravy rest for a few hours. Homemade leek and potato soup with freshly made (bread maker) bread for lunch after that.

2 Likes

All this spare time has made me think more about marinades. I’ve got a few on at the moment and tonight is about the chunky diced beef chuck thats been sitting in the fridge a couple of days.

A little garlic, lots of ginger and chilli. Some lemongrass and lime leaf. Fish sauce and soy. Honey. And some spices of fresh and dried coriander, cumin and turmeric all whizzed up with lime juice and a glug of sesame oil.

Made up some Massaman curry based paste,as well as some satay sauce.

I’ll put this on for an hour or so until tender with some butternut squash.

1 Like

Love a good Massaman curry. :+1:

its that time of the year again - summer :grinning:

aam

3 Likes

The loin of a 7kg salmon has been turned into sushi: sashimi, nigiri and maki. A simple meal enjoyed with wasabi, soy sauce and of course sake.

6 Likes

Lamb shanks, roasties and spring greens.

13 Likes

Made some fresh beef burgers for the first time in ages from fresh mincemeat - delicious and an absence of fatty juices was unusual given the 15% fat content of the meat!

1 Like

Chicken breast chilli, garlic and rosemary.

9 Likes

yum …

:+1:

maybe masterchef australia next ??

I don’t think so, don’t think I’d have the patience or the skill required.

King prawn ramen served in a spicy kimchi base with chilli oil, green beans and shiitake mushrooms.

9 Likes

looks really nice…

:lobster:

is that a meal for 1 ? :grinning:

1 Like