What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Fillet of beef in red wine sauce with twice braised savoy cabbage. double because it’s the same as with the monkfish yesterday. but still very tasty.

11 Likes

Yoghurt crusted lamb with beans and salsa.

7 Likes

Roast pork with apple sauce for one.

5 Likes

hand-cut beef tartare with shallots, pickled cucumbers, capers and anchovies. with a baguette fried in butter.

7 Likes

Tasty … where’s the egg yolk and vodka?

The yolk is in there, of course. I gave up vodka because it doesn’t suit my taste.

1 Like

You certainly treat yourself to some nice food every day or are your pics not necessarily from consecutive dinners?

Well, I love cooking and good food. But it is not really every day that we cook and have a nice dinner for two. But last Saturday I were in a special store and got a beef fillet, some oysters etc. So these things have to be treated and finished to some wonderful dishes. Here are the oysters for this evening.

8 Likes

WOW! :open_mouth:
I wish I could eat those, but I would end up in hospital :neutral_face:

We watched a Poirot episode the other day and Chief Inspector Japp served Poirot a meal of Faggots, Mashed Potato and Mushy Peas, followed by Spotted Di@k and Custard.

Guess what Mrs DG is having tonight.

Yes, Japp special…

DG…

6 Likes

Before…

And after…

DG…

9 Likes

Pheasant, root veg, mushrooms and pancetta

4 Likes

You like to eat your pheasant quite rare don’t you? :wink:

3 Likes

At least not bloody anymore;-) But I think he planned some time in the oven. At least once for a crispy skin.

To be fair, the title is …preparing…
Therefore, 30 odd minutes dicing, it all went in the tin, I could/should have browned the birds first. Having had an interrupted night, just over four hours sleep, there was a limit to my patience.
It ended up like this

Peas at dearly beloved’s request and airfryer potato.

The carcass will be picked and with the veg and liquor, soup tomorrow.

7 Likes

A whole Cornish lemon sole baked on lemon slices, brushed with butter and a bit of white vermouth to keep it moist.

Served with saffron potatoes, samphire and a butter, lemon, caper and brown shrimp sauce. Drunk with a lovely Chablis

12 Likes

Is there a better sandwich in the world than a beef, tomato and horseradish sandwich made from yesterday’s roast beef?

9 Likes

Yes😁

Well - what is it? :wink:

1 Like

Its probably Kanga with tomato and horseradish down under.