What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

That looks good, got a nice cheesy crush on top. :+1:

I’m afraid that I prefer to put a little extra pectin in - as a precaution against it not setting.

When I make chilli jam instead of a rolling boil at ten minutes , I do a rolling boil for twelve minutes

Getting jellies to set is a bit of a nightmare

1 Like

Thanks. I actually made two of them. One being a vegetarian version. I was the nicest I’ve made and was even better with a nice glass of red. Not bad for me as I hardly ever drink wine.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Last time I added some apples to the juice extraction. Anyway time for a reboil this afternoon.

Tartiflette (my version of…) Perfect comfort food now that it has turned cold outside.

King Edward potatoes, smoked lardons, onion, garlic, double cream and cheese (Cornish cheddar and gruyere). Black pepper and fresh thyme.

13 Likes

First try at Achari venison kebabs… nice flavour but some were too dry… need to keep the chunks large next time.

8 Likes

I luv venison……did a goulash last night, should have posted.

3 Likes

Venison stroganoff this evening - what a treat. Served with cauliflower mash.

4 Likes

Family round to watch the England match so had to be a roast. Roast chicken with roast spuds, braised hispi cabbage and carrots roasted with the chicken

Then I made a steamed marmalade sponge pudding with Mrs Duck’s homemade marmalade. Served with lashings of custard obvs

13 Likes

Hispi, or sweatheart cabbage is a favourite of mine.
Although not a lot of flavour in itself, it can be done a few ways. Summer time is refreshing to just boil it up.
It has a lot of juice, so any dry roast, griddle and BBQ type to get a char is always lovely.
Also just finely sliced up raw for a slaw.

2 Likes

I luurv bbq or griddled hispi

1 Like

German Style Albondigas. German Style only because I am not an expert in Spanish cuisine.

7 Likes

Venison stroganoff with pasta replaced onions with shallots plus added a tee spone smoked paprica

s

6 Likes

I had to look that up. Spanish meatballs.
Yours look fabulous, although maybe too large…
Is that your difference - that the Germans have bigger balls than the Spanish :innocent:

2 Likes

That was not my intention. But who knows!? :innocent:
In particular, I used typical root vegetables instead of e.g. red pepper. but it tasted very good.

1 Like

Venison ragu … cooked yesterday and then left in a low oven whilst I went to the pub.

1 Like

I’ve eaten too much rich food over the last week and so decided on a simple pasta dish tonight.

Onion, garlic, basil, passata, red wine, rape-seed oil and parmesan. And some sourdough. Simple but delicious.

7 Likes

Eye-belly disconnect!

10 Likes

That looks like a fire station dinner😀

1 Like

I think you need a bigger plate.

2 Likes