What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Just Wow

1 Like

Yes for me: I have a penchant for spicy food. My wife cannot understand my obsession.

Reminds me of a restaurant I used to frequent for sea food…and Chinese food…noodles and stuff…

Used to top off with honey noodle ice creams…

:beers:

You must be very thin if you eat only that Pete :rofl:

simple as it gets

Vegetarian - Paneer Mutter Subzi ( Cottage cheese + peas + tomato based red gravy )
4 chapati ( indian flat bread - thin )
a bowl of yogurt - i love it
some onions

beside the yogurt is a 1 pc of pan ( tava - hot plate ) -paneer ( cottage cheese )

and some cut mangoes in the end

simple and easy and a hot meal…

7 Likes

If only that was true, I don’t normally show what’s for dessert. :scream:

2 Likes

You are like me. A great fan of desserts. Yesterday evening, night, I have eaten my favorite ice cream, quite alone. My wife took very very little.

4 Likes

Yes those tubs can disappear quickly here as well. :scream:

2 Likes

Italian meatballs with daughters home made ciabatta

9 Likes

Next day for lunch toasted home made ciabatta bruschetta 2 ways

5 Likes

Not dinner but our desert for lunch made by our 15 year old who’s rather good at it. Based on a meringue cake mix, normally with dark chocolate and strawberry but due to shortages we have made do with milk chocolate and frozen raspberry instead, still delicious!

9 Likes

Looks very good and would have tasted as well too :grinning:

Roast chicken seasoned with butter, lemon, thyme and shavings of black truffle. A covering of streaky bacon protects the delicate breast and keeps it moist and tender. Accompanied by roast tubers, peas, Yorkshire puddings and a generous smothering of gravy made from the trimmings and giblets.

16 Likes

Essential to have decent amount of fat in beef for beef burgers - fat cooks off but stops burger from drying out. If you can get it, some bone marrow added to your burger mix makes them even better. Burgers made with low fat mince are best used as hockey pucks!

2 Likes

Lamb roast

Atb
Kk

9 Likes

With an expected cold snap on the way, a nice hearty warming beef stew is in order. I like to choose cuts of short rib that have a high degree of marbling because they are succulent and tender. Seasoned with red wine, onion, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric, cardamon, bay leaves, oregano and basil. To absorb the flavour I have chosen colourful vegetables: tomatoes, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, cavolo nero, carrots, celery and potatoes. Finishing with a generous garnish of olive oil, black pepper and cheese.

7 Likes

You seem to be a good cook, from all your recent posts. Isolation is a good place in your house.

2 Likes

Mince ‘n Tatties.

Food of the Gods.

G

3 Likes

Was going to do this over the Easter weekend. Roast lamb. But, due to the lovely weather we put it off to make the most of it.
Just roast potatoes, kale and green beans, with lashings of gravy.

7 Likes

Just had a lovely homemade Lasagne with a salad, followed by a Lemon Meringue pie washed down with a bottle of 2016 Morum Rioja. Bellisimo.

It’s ok this isolating upto now

1 Like