What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Chicken stew😋

2 Likes

Nearly the last of the ham with a salad and pommes dauphinois made with ratte potatoes.

2 Likes

One of my favourite summer meals especially when batching. Smoked salmon capers cream cheese and dill. All I need now is a nice glass of wine.

17 Likes

Thanks - have just ordered

Nice one!

Used up an old bag of peppers and toms to make a simple flavoursome soup for lunch- loads of garlic and the usual teaspoon of chilli flakes to add bite. Alas Lady BC hadn’t told me the latest batch of flakes were from Mr Miah’s shop rather than the supermarket - must be 20 times as strong - careful pinches from now on. Tastes better than it looks BTW.

4 Likes

Mince n’ tatties.

G

2 Likes

Celeriac and Beetroot remoulade with some Smoked Trout. Akvavit chaser and a riesling to accompany :yum:

7 Likes

Lamb lion chops and a rocket salad. Prefect of a summers evening

7 Likes

The first thing that I have cooked from the Jeremy Lee cookbook that I have posted previously - a chicken, leek and tarragon pie. I love this for three reasons ( apart from the obvious one that a homemade pie is the Zeus of the culinary Mount Olympus):

1. All the prep is in advance - I poached the whole chicken last night and then made the pie this afternoon so that all I had to do this evening was shove it in the oven

2. The pie required a pie chimney which I didn’t have. While in town yesterday I popped into David Mellor and they had this brilliant ‘blackbird’ pie chimney. This is the same one my parents had when I was growing up so a real Proustian moment

3. The flakey shortcrust pastry uses ….lard! Absolutely brilliant

12 Likes

Nice! LOVE a Chicken Pie😋

2 Likes

I had a great lunch at Quo Vadis recently and got the cookbook for Xmas. I’m doing the same pie tonight.

2 Likes

It’s lovely! I found the flakey shortcrust pastry quite difficult so need to practice some more. It was very crumbly and hard to roll out. I wondered whether I hadn’t integrated the butter and lard properly with the flour although JL does say not to overwork it. It will be no hardship practicing this recipe!

Last nights tikka masala. Made for the family as a mild curry but surprisingly spicy. Very good!

Atb
Kk

10 Likes

Corned Beef Hash and a few beans.

Cooked in the small iron cast iron skillet so you can get the bottom properly singed and crispy.

If you hear somebody wandering about in the middle of the night it will be me looking for the Rennies. It is an irregular treat like proper fish and chips. But sometimes headquarters remind the gut who is in charge.

Wine is a Lidl rummage. I like Barossa from the colonies. This is very similar perhaps a tadge sweet but I think it was £7.00. Whoops no £10.99 so not the bargain I thought. Never mind it’s half drunk.

6 Likes

It’s going to be kale and lemon risotto.

The idea is that the bitter, wintery kale is counterbalanced by the lemon’s summery zest. We had it one day last week and it’s true.

1 Like

Bubble and Squeak from leftover veg served with the last of Saturday’s chicken, leek and tarragon pie. Very nice for a Monday evening - if only I drank wine on a weekday evening!

6 Likes

Taco with salmon.

4 Likes

Tonight it will be fish cakes… currently chilling in the fridge before frying.

6 Likes

Never mind it’s half drunk.
[/quote]

It’s gone to a far, far better place than the inside of a Lidl’s bottle, mind you they do good wines at nice prices

1 Like