What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Well Bjorn i think your absolutely are right. But truth be told the Scandinavië kitchen is even worse. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Made in New Zealand.

Part of some trade deal I suppose.

4 Likes

I do love stinky fermented fish…

Although I have never tried SURSTRÖMMING

2 Likes

From what I’ve read and seen on TV it takes a certain type. I’d probably smell it from here, don’t think I could stomach it.

2 Likes

Cannot get the fish for Jansson’s Temptation currently so had to make do with curried cauliflower and feta cheese pie.

3 Likes

janssons frestelse Sounds like my type of dish.
Rest of Europe has same recipe but uses cheese. Sweden uses stinky pickled fish.

1 Like

Yep… trying to source the northern ‘stinky’ fish is the issue, everywhere seems to be sold out. Mediterranean anchovies dont cut it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fish pie comprising onions, celery, red and yellow peppers with cod, smoked haddock and salmon pieces. A large dash of coconut cream and topped with mash and grated cheddar.

4 Likes

No fermented fish in there?

4 Likes

The only stuff that should be fermented is barley. :woozy_face:

I have a couple of spoonfuls of kimchi or sauerkraut every morning …delicious !
Regards

1 Like

And soya, not forgetting wheat!

1 Like

Fried rice got shelved, gourmet fish finger sandwiches instead…:yum:

2 Likes

Either Fajitas, or I’ll finish off lunchtime’s Haitian Fricassée de Poulet & diri djon-djon :yum:

Some claim that surströmming picks up where British food leaves off…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

What a bizarre and outdated view. Britain probably has the most diverse cuisine on the planet.

However, that’s beside the point. This a thread for people who enjoy cooking at home even if they may not be the world’s best.

5 Likes

It was of course just a joke, as anyone who knows me in the Naim Community knows, I apologize if I offended you, or anyone else.

2 Likes

This Brit thought it was a good joke. :+1:t2:

1 Like

This Dutch guy got the joke haha

1 Like