What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Smoked salmon of the best quality, scrambled eggs with double cream, homemade bread, creme fraîche and onion. Easy and delicious.

6 Likes

A good friend dropped this off this afternoon after fishing.
A freshly caught rainbow trout of some size - maybe 18 inches.
Wondering what to do with it. Any suggestions ?

3 Likes

I suggest a recipe from the late great Keith Floyd.
Dampen some newspaper, gut the fish and season the fish inside. Heat your over or BBQ.
Wrap the fish in the newspaper and place in oven or on BBQ. Turn the fish once when the news paper dries. It should take 10 minutes or so depending on oven temperature.

2 Likes

Crispy chicken tacos (soft shell) and a cold beer.

6 Likes

Yum! They look great

1 Like

Looks lovely. Keep it simple - oven bake whole with a bit of olive oil, lemon and herbs

2 Likes

They were. :+1:

Thanks all.
Thinking the same with a drop of dry cider (if it will fit in the oven)
Thinking also a chick pea, mint, spinach, leak and crème fresh gratin to go with it.
Will keep n update later. Can’t wait.
(With some left over for a posh midday sandwich)

1 Like

As its fresh how about ceviche?

I’ve got knife skills. But not that great.

1 Like

I think I might have done a good job. (Apart from eating 2/3 person portion of fish in one go :innocent:

8 Likes

Tonight, I was preparing Dave’s famed spicy Italian meat-a-balls, and I was about to start making my famous “secret recipe” sauce, when I remembered that my partner had gifted me a bottle of this :

Blooody Hell, but that’s good. :yum: :yum: :it:

6 Likes

Orecchiette with first asparagus of the season from my allotment and a pesto I made from wild garlic, hazelnuts, cheddar and rapeseed oil

12 Likes

Leek, Shallot and New Potato tart about to go into the oven.

8 Likes

I laughed out loud when a good friend said.
“Hey, your a chef - your so food motivated”
I couldn’t work out how that would mean an average guy would go hungry without starving themselve.

2 Likes

As a seriously single person, you either learn to cook or you live on supermarket meals.

The result of years of rubbish foods was diverticular disease , peritonitis and a stoma.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that.
I’m lucky. I get so excited thinking about what I can do with the most simplest of ingredients.

4 Likes

Oysters as a starter.

6 Likes

Corn-fed chicken with pea risotto and chimichurri.

6 Likes

spiced chicken potatoes and peas.

6 Likes