What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

A tri cut (beef) smoked and reverse seared.

11 Likes

Warm & sunny on the south coast, so BBQ this evening. I get a filet steak coz it’s my ********.

1 Like

8 Likes

Chargrilled butterflied chicken breast marinated with garlic, basil and oregano with the first of my allotment Charlotte potatoes (steamed and soaked in butter) and a rocket, tomato and Parmesan salad using allotment rocket. Drunk with TWS Greek white

6 Likes

They don’t know what they are missing. I grew up on bland food.

1 Like

While we might have a sanga for lunch and some fruit I certainly don’t know anyone who eats raw vegetables as per that article. Anyway perhaps if they eat a little more simply we wouldn’t have been thrown in such chaos over the past few years.

Tonight, Chez Dave, it will be my world famous spicy Italian meat-a-balls.

A winning mix of minced brisket beef, quality Italian polpa finely chopped tomatoes, my secret squirrel herb mix, and maybe a wee dash of grated Parmesan on top.

Oh yes … … … :yum: :yum:

(Well, maybe not exactly world famous, but I’ve had no complaints … … … thus far.)

7 Likes

Apart, perhaps, from the squirrels. :wink:

2 Likes

Waitrose pizza & oven chips……

Coz of “CBA”

3 Likes

Smoked turkey on the Big Green Egg to celebrate Canada Day.
Our American friends are upset we’re sending them the smoke but no turkey :joy::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’m sure that is absolutely delicious but looks a bit like something out of a David Cronenberg film ( Canadian film reference for you there) :wink:

3 Likes

Well I did use a sharpened chefs knife, poultry shears and a cleaver to cut it into parts!

:rofl:

I obviously didn’t cook this but I thought I’d treat myself for a nice lunch before a 23 hours journey home.

Fresh grilled lobster with a glass of a Western Australian Chardonnay.

8 Likes

Family over for lunch today. Crab with parsley, chilli, capers and lemon on toasts for nibbles. Barbecued salmon with courgettes and Charlotte potatoes from the allotment. Pudding was blackcurrant trifle with allotment blackcurrants. Washed down with a fab white burgundy

8 Likes

Not dinner, but loading up on the home-made probiotics; pickles, kimchi, beets and yoghurt.

4 Likes

Despite the weather it is nominally summer so release the salads… broad bean, pea, green beans and a charcuterie medley.

6 Likes

Pre Gig dinner at “The Alchemist” Brindley Place Birmingham.
Both having a very ‘70’s “Chicken in a Basket” with Fries and a glass of South African Chenin😋

4 Likes

I’ve been cooking Indian food tonight. Instead of spinach I used chard, and cooked the stalks a little longer than the leaves, as you do. The stalks were on the worktop, ready for the pot, and they looked so pretty.

3 Likes

A delight to share these berries from the fruit cage.

4 Likes