What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

I would guess that out for meal you might often feel you could do better yourself.

1 Like

Especially here, there’s no real restaurant and pub food has become so boring. We’ve arranged a Christmas in August at a local cafe tomorrow so it’ll be a roast and plum pudding.

3 Likes

Ragu this evening

13 Likes

Pizza tonight.

Homemade sourdough base - prosciutto and mushroom (alongside mozzarella, parmesan, tomato, onion, garlic, chilli and basil).

Cooked on a pizza stone in a Big Green Egg…

Finished product…

I typically use some semolina flour on the base…

Polished off with some Aspall’s cider…

21 Likes

That looks absolutely lovely!

2 Likes

:yum: :yum: :pizza: :pizza:

3 Likes

I really like Aspall’s cider , especially with roast pork, an apple crumble and perhaps a glass of Calvados , my favourite meal

2 Likes

Home alone, for a week! Mrs W in Swanage and I am free to eat and drink what I want. I have been doing this BBQ chicken recipe for years on my ancient Weber, and it always delivers. Salad, chilli, garlic potatoes and hatissa mayo.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Looks interesting… whats the recipe if you don’t mind sharing ?

Blast from the past, a good old prawn cocktail up sized as main.

10 Likes

The marinade is salt, black pepper, chilli powder, rose harissa(I use Belazu), smoked harissa or chipotle paste, lemon juice and olive oil. I sometimes swop the smoked element for oregano. The amounts used are variable depending who I preparing it for, so experiment to your taste. Ten minutes is fine before cooking.
The large flat steel skewers help cook it through quickly, I reckon about 4 minuteson each side.

Thankyou, will give it a go :+1:

I’ve prepared quiche Lorraine today and veggie soup.

I boil the leek used for the quiche and use the boil water as the base for the soup.

A golden double, nothing wasted.

7 Likes

Prawn cocktail in half an avocado starter. With a Chopper this week, I’m going so 70s.

6 Likes

Cooked the chicken in the BBQ and then added it to the curry sauce.
So I had a chicken chilli curry, pilau rice, tarka dhal, south Indian potatoes( curry leaves, black mustard seeds, etc). All done at home.

10 Likes

Boureki - a Cretan ‘pie’ made with courgettes and potatoes. This was made with courgettes and Charlotte potatoes from my allotment. It has 3 different cheeses - mizithra, feta and kefalotyri plus a shed load of oregano, mint and parsley. Served with TWS Greek White obvs

11 Likes

Locally sourced chicken raised in small flocks cooked in soy sauce with an onion, finely sliced ginger and sea salt (I like to use chicken on the bone for a fuller flavour). Add a small amount of water (to prevent the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pan during the first few minutes of cooking) and turn every now and then to ensure that all of the pieces cook evenly. Place a lid on the pan and adjust the temperature to allow steam to be produced. During the last ten minutes, I add a spoon of locally sourced honey and reduce the remaining sauce to concentrate the flavour. My favourite piece is the parson’s nose:

Wishing everyone a lovely start to the week :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Since when did you start caring about animals?

1 Like

Pan fried pork, apple, cider and sage sausages served with creamy mash, caramelised onions, onion gravy and green beans:

Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :smiling_face:

15 Likes