What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Asparagus risotto…
Diced carrot, celery and shallot sweated in butter for 10 minutes then asparagus added with …
Glass of wine, arborio rice and chicken stock, stirred for 15 minutes. Finally butter and Parmesan beaten into the risotto after resting for 2 minutes.

4 Likes

Ah, the great Uuni!

1 Like

One born every minute!

I can see the attraction, but what’s ‘gourmet’ about that?

I’m not preparing anything but the wonderful Mrs Pete is making her chicken yellow curry.

1 Like

you seem to have missed her cooking ? :wink:

just wait till she finds out about the NDAC which @frenchrooster hid behind that nearby tree !!

njoi dinner !!

2 Likes

No I didn’t miss her cooking, I missed her of course. I do most of the cooking, and I was just reading a few reviews about N-DAC.

1 Like

If she finds it, Pete will eat alone

3 Likes

If you’ve seen the way I eat that mightn’t be a bad thing. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I hope she is not reading the forum :rofl:

No she’s watching babies been borne

1 Like

Veggie Bolognese. (Bay leaf yet to be found but not impossible).

2 Likes

It tastes as true bolognese or very different?

Different but a pleasure.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind comments. The kitchen is the heart of our household and I’m always happy to see the family enjoying their food. Supper is a time when we exchange stories of what has happened during our day and a time to wind down after a long day. I know the French love their food as well and I have been very much inspired by French cuisine: it is arguably the finest in the world.

4 Likes

Appetizer…

5 Likes

Looked so much better uncooked…would have tasted fantastic after being in the oven though :upside_down_face:

Agreed. Next focaccia will be made from cookie dough and studded with black jelly beans and green gummy bears. We’ll eat it raw! :grin:

3 Likes

Goat ragu this evening, a braise really, with the best part of a third of a bottle of Les Traverses, 2116 from Ventoux. I think it calls for mashed potatoes. I also made a chocolate pudding laced with dulce con leche.

2 Likes

Roast organic corn fed chicken. Roast parsnips. Brussels sprouts and smoked crispy bacon with more lashings of gravy - can’t seem to get over wanting gravy so much lately.

10 Likes