What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Just made a chilli con carne with some tins of tomatoes/beans from storage that had BBE 2017 - texture of beans not great but tasty enough!

2 Likes

I’m with you on the chilli tip.
Made a big pot with fresh oregano which in itself is spicy and with toasted ground whole cumin. With of course a horse load of garlic, chilli and fresh coriander whizzed up with tinned tomato sauce from Pizza Express (if you spot them on the shelves I really recommend them, you could spend a fortune more to get a little better)
I’ll make this look a lot prettier with all the trimmings of Guacamole, coriander, yogurt and pickled jalapeños on rice later.

Got some meaty pork ribs. Thought I should try the Coca-Cola marinade. Got this in the fridge marinating for tomorrow or Monday.

5 Likes

Homemade pizza. Fortunately my wife is an excellent bread maker so she made dough with 00 flour. I use mozzarella, Parmesan and taleggio as the cheeses. If you haven’t used taleggio before then give it a go as transforms pizza

10 Likes

Bread and pistou soup made by myself accompanied by a rhubarb crumble come cake made by my wife with rhubarb she grew herself.

8 Likes

I love your Steven Brown chopping board.

1 Like

Bit of a basic home creation this evening, Chez Dave.

King prawns and thinly sliced chicken breast, rubbed in Jamaican Jerk seasoning, then gently fried in butter with a dash of fish stock.

Served over wild rice … and maybe a couple of Red Stripes, mon. :yum:

3 Likes

Jack Daniels and brown sugar basted beer can BBQ’d chicken.

7 Likes

Does that require a beer can inserted up an orifice?

No, I’d have thought that the usual attention required for barbecue cooking would be more than sufficient. :wink:

1 Like

Pasta pesto, with black olives and green beans. And a bottle of beer.

3 Likes

Hi, yes it does. I felt sorry for it early on in the process. :grinning:

1 Like

Medium rare rump steak, oven roasted sweet potato wedges (dusted with smoked paprika), and a green salad.

3 Likes

Beef noodles. The broth is made from beef short rib, onion, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, cloves and fish sauce. Garnished with lemon, coriander and chillies.

15 Likes

Home alone shouldn’t mean a grubby take away. Steak with mustard sauce with broccoli and pea mash. Obviously washed down with a nice red.

11 Likes

Home alone…more Hifi, class.

1 Like

Gazza I was only thinking today that I’m extremely happy with my setup. If you were to ask me 30 years ago if I had to endure my current hi fi I would have thought it was heaven. Man needs to know his limits.

Mind you that could all change tomorrow. :rofl::rofl:

Totally agree…back in the day i wanted a 52 preamp, never happened, this time around i got a little further. Thats it for me other than some cables and odds and ends😁
Food looks nice.

2 Likes

I enjoy cooking, hate take away. When I was young I wasn’t sure I’d get to my age anyway. So everything is a plus from then on.

3 Likes

We have stopped dinner ‘tonight’ since retirement & now ‘we lunch’.
Main meal in the day is healthier than going into an inactive evening & bed on a full stomach.

Anyol’ways … just finished prepping …
Roasted chicken breast, marinated with chilli, ginger, coriander & lime.
Roast veg - bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic + olive oil.
Whole grain rice in turmeric.
Fruit salad - yet to be made, but with natural yogurt

2 Likes

Dam, I forgot about the cleaning up. :scream: