What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Char Sui pork noodle soup turned out lovely.

15 Likes

Not many carrots in there?

I think we may have the same worktop!

1 Like

You can come round and show me how to buff !

Ours has ‘dulled’ recently and lost some shine on the well used side, they may not be identical and ours was a supposedly (cheapish) temporary one from Selco (that was the plan) but it’s lasted 7 years+.

1 Like

Was thinking of doing that - any good?

I believe it’s a Maia countertop.

IMG_3153

I have used an abrasive pad to try to reduce scratches and deep marks.
Usually does a good job leaving a dull look, then with a Brillo and CIF cream followed with a j cloth to buff up a gloss.

1 Like

I suspect it’s an acrylic mix. If it is then you can use a car detailing regime. Electric buffer, start with coarse cream and then medium and then fine. Take your time over each stage. The idea is you introduce scratches of a known dimension, polishing out with each successive cream. It will come up bright and shiny.

2 Likes

From the guardian/observer ? Yep… more moist than the picture suggests… good flavours, would make a nice side dish maybe.

Some have been stirred into the wheat and beans mixture but I did reduce the amount of carrots as for two peeps rather than 4 the recipe was for… left the other quantities as the recipe given the size of the dish and not wanting it to dry out if spread too thin.

That looks fantastic, I love the flavours in those Asian broths.

1 Like

The “broth” is probably the hardest bit to get right.

1 Like

There’s lots cheats ways but I don’t think anything tastes better than it done properly.

Done properly means a chicken stock simmers for 12 hours.
Which is really a bit extravagant in these days of rising fuel costs.
I roasted a carcass of a roast chicken, along with bits and pieces left in the veg bit of the fridge :innocent:
Then topped with water and simmered for only two hours. Left to chill and the pot put in the fridge overnight so the bones and veg have plenty of time to acquiesce. Of course using plenty of ginger and a touch of garlic/star anise.

1 Like

I use a slow cooker for stocks, overnight for chicken and 15 hours for beef/lamb bones. Easy peasy! Roast them first though.

1 Like

Thanks.

Pork escalope with sautéed potatoes, broccoli and carrots😋

10 Likes

Looks lovely but you need to turn those photos round! Here you go

4 Likes

Does look good but needs a sauce or gravy

3 Likes

Pork with prunes from the classic Tours recipe. Served with cabbage and mash - obvs

5 Likes