What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Chicken tagine, wasn’t up to my usual standards.

5 Likes

I think you need to cut yourself a bit of slack at the moment.

3 Likes

And you seem to have dropped your cigar into the mix :wink:

8 Likes

Just taken a Lamb Shank out of the fridge to get to room temp.

Hi Pete

Relax , the chicken won’t be complaining and you have more important things going on

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I think it may be a cinnamon stick …

Ian

2 Likes

Mrs W decided wine-o-clock was late and decided on Italian. While I was preparing food, Zucchero was played very loud, it’s good funky and different. Had mixed mushroom and and pancetta papardelle and a lovely spicy Salice Salentino.

2 Likes

A light chicken, lentil and ginger soup.
With kale and my favourite Japanese spiced sesame seed sprinkles. A soup that could save your life.
Yummy.

9 Likes

A chilli tonight using shin beef. Hoping the colour and taste is good later but here is the start

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

Another hour

Atb
Kk

5 Likes

That’s sure to be a labour of love.

1 Like

Done

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

Pan-fried supreme of chicken with a cream, vermouth, mustard and tarragon sauce. Boiled new potatoes and the first asparagus of the season from my allotment which I steamed. Had with a fabulous Gruner Veltliner

8 Likes

Risi e Bisi… think I under estimated the amount of stock required as it ended up as a nice risotto rather than the risotto-soup cross intended.

5 Likes

Full disclosure - this is not my cooking but food cooked by the amazing Camberwell Arms in, er … Camberwell in London. It’s my daughter’s 30th birthday today and she chose this place. Included in the starters was ‘Scotch bonnet pork fat on toast’. I don’t know about you but the words scotch bonnet, pork fat and toast induce a Pavlovian drooling in me

Other starters included Jerusalem artichokes and spring onions on goats curd and beetroot with garlic and pistachios

All the mains are made for sharing so my wife and daughter’s friend had beautiful roast pork. My daughter and I had the beef and bone marrow pie with suet crust which came with roast spuds and hispi cabbage with garlic and chilli

I finished off with poached pear, proper custard, chantilly cream and chocolate sauce

Brilliant wine list. Best Sunday lunch out I’ve ever had

12 Likes

No Carrots?

Unfortunately no!

Now that’s what I call a proper feed. :+1:

1 Like

Sausage onna bun! © C.M.O.T. Dibbler

steve :grinning:

9 Likes