What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Great minds think alike!

1 Like

Thanks Gazza :+1:

Not dinner but a Sunday breakfast, pancakes the easiest way to get in the good books with my grandkids.

10 Likes

Family round for dinner and decided to do a Greek themed meal ( all curtesy of the brilliant Smashing Plates by Maria Elia). Starter of chilli roasted feta with watermelon and a raisin and oregano dressing

Main of Greek-style paella with fennel sausage, squid and prawns

Puds of pavlova with cream, yogurt and orange blossom water with apricots poached in dessert wine and bay leaf

11 Likes

Chicken Teriyaki/Broccoli/Rice.

11 Likes

Looks like a studio picture.

It is.

Teriyaki duck with vegetables and udon noodles😋

9 Likes

Lamb shanks in red wine, brussel sprouts with bacon and thyme and garlic mash.

13 Likes

Looks very tasty. Reminds me of recent trip to Corfu was surprised to see sprouts on the buffet offering.
Next day around the pool my wife felt sorry fir this old man with a walking stick shuffling to a lounger. My wife, said go talk to him! He was a Scotsman with a broad Glaswegian accent. When i returned a few minutes later she said……what did he say. Well, i understood very little other than “brussel sprouts”, “asparagus” and “toast”
But he seemed happier, and always smiled and waved……perhaps he enjoyed the humour of it?

1 Like

I used to hate Brussel sprouts when I was a kid my mother and grandmother boiled them till they were mush. Cooked properly they’re quite tasty.

5 Likes

Brussel sprouts are really good sliced and used in a stir fry Pete

3 Likes

Or part boil and then bake in the oven with chorizo :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Or with chestnuts and pancetta… but I think thats just hiding the flavour of the sprouts.

Tonight it’s first try at…

Pot roast chicken with sherry and almonds.

8 Likes

Pan fried wild halibut steak with Jersey Royals, allotment asparagus and a butter, lemon and parsley sauce. Had the amazing 2021 Moment of Silence wine with it

13 Likes

M&S ‘Tomapork’ barbecued with some large spring onions and a courgette/potato slice. Very tasty. Drank a Mauro 2017.

7 Likes

Chicken Katsu Curry - a bit of a faff but worth taking the time. Delicious.

With a glass of Rioja

11 Likes

Beautiful day in the garden

Friends over for bbq - butterflied leg of lamb, bulgur wheat salad, allotment broad bean and asparagus salad plus hummus and garlic yogurt

Puds of strawberry pavlova

14 Likes

Looks delicious! And a lovely garden too. Lucky guests!

2 Likes

Grilled flank steak, local asparagus (really good!), green bell pepper salsa & sundries. Nice evening on the deck with a very impressive Aussie shiraz.

10 Likes