What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Busy weekend so a simple ciambotta with eggs.

10 Likes

Smoked haddock fishcake. Spinach sauce. Poached egg and some crusty sourdough baguette.

7 Likes

East meets West tonight.
Dim sum with salad!! Black bean chicken wings, veggie spring rolls, sesame prawn toast and seaweed tofu!

4 Likes

As it is warm time, seared flesh :yum:

10 Likes

Fish and chips for dinner.
Dessert now.
Strawberries in milk and cream with sugar.

6 Likes

Still warm time so assorted protein and carbs to carry the Cardini’s as, apparently, it’s bad form to use a straw.

3 Likes

Some kind of truffle or animal poop?

1 Like

I had a biochemistry text from the 80’s describing the ’syndrome’ and must say I have had various symptoms eating such cuisine on several occasions, mostly palpitations and oddly vivid dreams.

1 Like

Giving Mrs Pete a break and decided to cook one of her favourites, Provincial chicken with leaks mushrooms and baby potatoes. Great for a winter’s evening.

9 Likes

Last night had some BBQ’d lamb/minted lamb chops from Iceland as well as a real discovery at Waitrose - a marinated flatiron steak with soy sauce and ginger - absolutely divine steak for £9. I think the descriptor is black pepper and soy but there’s an intense ginger taste unless I’m imagining it. A 500g steak which is extremely succulent, almost melt in the mouth texture for £9 - great value for at least 2 sharing.

Washed down with this cracking red with an intense chocolate finish.

12 Likes

Love cream on fruit. My wife is, um, er … how shall I say … hard-headed. She refuses to try cream on her fruit.
When I was a kid, every day after dinner my ol’ man used to say, “Riight, wots for ahfters.”
Many times it was strawberries or tinned peaches, or fresh if in season, with cream on them. Delicious!

4 Likes

Chicken Basque. A Delia Smith recipe and a long-term favourite in our house.

5 Likes

Pork chop with char-grilled hispi cabbage and Charlotte potatoes from my allotment. Moisture from deglazing frying pan with cider and Dijon mustard. Had a nice Rioja with this

11 Likes

A favourite warm time pasta dish… tomato, capers and mint warmed in garlic infused olive oil.

6 Likes

Baked Maine Haddock to go with boiled red potatoes, broccoli, Greek white wine and a peach pie while…

…the expected evening rain fall finally had caught up with us.

12 Likes

pan fried scallops, mashed potato and green beans.

16 Likes

Prawn, squid and fennel sausage paella

10 Likes

Pork, chorizo and butter bean stew. :es:

I’d love to claim the credit, but it’s one of Jay Rayner’s finest efforts.

Should be just about ready when I sit down to watch tonight’s match.

12 Likes

Barbecued Southern style belly pork. Served with a homemade slaw and allotment spuds

10 Likes

Barbecue tonight. Nothing special, just burgers, spicy sausages, chilli & BBQ sauces, and pickles.

1 Like