What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

A mix of leftovers from the restaurant that I couldn’t manage. Steak, mash, garlic spinach, and I added tomatoes and a mushroom sauce. With th e Zinfandel it was delicious.

2 Likes

Smoked haddock/prawns with filo pastry and minted green veg - not really my effort but my son’s who’s doing an online cooking skills course with a bit of help from me when needed:

12 Likes

Simple supper of herring and Milts.

7 Likes

What’s Milts?

1 Like

Herring roe from the male.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I needed to know that. :grin:

2 Likes

Full of marine DNA. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

And seamen. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Unsurprisingly tastes better than the female herring roe, which isn’t as sweet. More bitter and with a grainy texture.
Milts are often called Melts.

2 Likes

Lasagna from scratch; eggs, flour, bolognase, mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan. Cooled overnight and reheated, as you would anything requiring flavours to meld.

13 Likes

Toad In The Hole

With onion gravy and vegge.

12 Likes

That’s a serious toad in the hole, I always thought it was just a fried egg in the middle of a piece bread.

Maybe it means something different in Aus. In the UK it’s definitely sausages baked into a giant mutant Yorkshire pudding.

3 Likes

Boureki - a Cretan dish made with potatoes, courgettes, 3 types of Greek cheese and a shedload of herbs. Courgettes and potatoes from my allotment. Swilled down with a fair amount of rose

9 Likes

Mackerel straight off the boat in Tenby, S. Wales, filleted and onto the bbq. Greek salad, plus a generous serving of Greek white wine from TWS.

9 Likes

Staycation. Late BBQ.

Roast lamb, beef, lots of veg topped with peppers and asparagus.

Plus a nice Italian red.

6 Likes

My partner is away for the weekend, so Detroit style big pan pizza big naughty boy style…
Yes. I managed to eat 2 slices.

11 Likes

I may have to make a visit. Stourhead; it’s been a while, but always a fave walk when we lived close-by.

1 Like

King prawns cooked in white wine and garlic with parsley, shallots, peppers and mushroom with linguini tonight. Lemon tart for afters !

9 Likes

Family over for lunch. Starter of barbecued Thai marinated prawns with a tomato, lime and coriander salad:

Then barbecued side of marinated salmon with a Thai rice noodle salad:

Then barbecued nectarines with a home made frozen yogurt with a raspberry ripple made from allotment raspberries:

19 Likes