What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

More fish and chips.
This time with mackerel fillets baked in a curried yogurt. Hasselback roasted curry spiced Maris pipers with peas.

11 Likes

Hasselback potatoes ā€¦ my very favourite way with spuds. :yum:

3 Likes

The sausage is inside the spaghettis: sausage with dried tomatoes, butter and garlic.
Flank steak with garlic. ( when you break the spaghettis on the plate, the sausage appears).

5 Likes

Could be a shock for female diners :wink:

(Sorry schoolboy humour!)

4 Likes

That looks very nice.

Living in my hermit cave i had not heard of themā€¦must get out morešŸ˜‰

Sometimes english-french can be risky in discussions :rofl:

1 Like

BBQ Beef rib eye steak.
The bbq turned into a nightmare. It didnā€™t light properly but still managed to get some fumes on the steak before it prematurely died for the taste then finished off on the grill.

7 Likes

Lamb vindaloo with sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Garnished with coriander, cream, chillies and black pepper.

9 Likes

wow! I canā€˜t cook an eggā€¦you folks have outstanding skills in photografics and cooking, Iā€˜m really impressed!!

2 Likes

Vindaloo is a delicacy in Goaā€¦ :grinning:

Will you be having some bread with it ?

No bread: supper is the smallest meal of the day in my household and we tend to consume more carbs for breakfast/lunch.

Had it a couple of days ago along chicken Makhani but that was a takeout from a restaurant. The only thing left for me to do was prepare a fresh salad.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦

But that deserves 1 roti by the sideā€¦ :grinning:

Send some over hereā€¦itā€™s close to midnight and my tummy is growling :slightly_smiling_face:

Was going to mention a few posts ago that there is probably luck with the photos and lighting (unless youā€™re a pro), but that presentation/layout and maybe choice of serving dish/plate can also make a lot of difference.

Cooked a lovely ribeye on the tiny Lidl Kamado on Saturday, but just briskly cut it up and chucked stuff on plates - very nice to eat but visually not that great perhaps as done in a rush.

1 Like

That looks fantastic Minh.

The presumed lamb chunks look rather ā€˜perfectā€™, fresh or frozen?

Either way my mouth is watering.

The next time I have curry for lunch Iā€™ll include the roti/naan.

Iā€™ll send you a vindaloo by FedEx: I hope itā€™s still warm by the time it reaches you.

1 Like

Cā€™mon, I thought weā€™d got this sorted! :laughing:

Hey, this is post cooking! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. It was fresh Welsh lamb cooked very gently to retain its juiciness. An impeccably sharp knife makes all the difference when preparing food. I use a series of whetstones starting at 300 and progressing through 1000, 3000 and then 8000 grit. A leather strop is finally used to leave a leathally sharp edge. The quality of the iron/steel is the most important factor in a good quality knife.

3 Likes