What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Yellow curry with fresh caught Groper fish from Cook Strait I caught 2 days ago, and what vegetables we had in the fridge. The firm chunky flesh is excellent in a fish curry.

7 Likes

Fish curries have never appealed to me but yours does look tasty.

Scallop and prawn kebabs in red chermoula. Puy lentil, bulgar and kale salad.
Tomato and olives with spiced buttermilk dressing.

Cheers

4 Likes

Just a simple salad of coop bought mixed leaf and rocket, tomatoes, cucumber and peppered mackerel. I think I need more salad days…

3 Likes

Some Char Siu pork ramen.

A labour of love.
Had this marinating in my special sauce for 2 days.

After 4 bastings within a total 40 minute cook time.

Making the broth. Just onions, plenty of ginger, shiitake stalks. Soy and fish sauce with a tiny bit of my favourite chilli garlic paste.

The chefs treat of eating the ends .

Shall upload later the final results.

9 Likes

Where do you live Toby, and can I get there in time for serving? :grinning:

1 Like

8 Likes

I think that was a NO…we need to some how triangulate his position and home in on the next feast.:wink:

1 Like

This evening leeks soup,quails wrapped in pig cheek and grilled radicchio trevigiano tardivo.

2 Likes

Oh,Lagrein is waiting…But this is another thread!

The last three evenings have been variations on a theme - winter sausage stew: one bowl wonders. The base is onions, leeks, celery, potatoes and tomatoes. The sausages this time were pork and leek, left over from Sunday breakfast. I usually add a few herbs from the garden at the beginning and then begin the variations.

In the first instance, it’s natural, the second variation this time was with a mushroom rice stirred in at the end. The third variation was a type of borscht with loads of beetroot chopped in with extra potatoes. The final version was the best; barley cooked in stock, tempered chilli, coriander, cumin, fennel and ginger, with a sprinkling of Garam masala.

To be honest I’m not a fan of pork and leek sausages, I prefer pork and black pepper, or pork and fennel; therefore, the dog had the majority of them as leftovers when he licked out the bowls.
Thank goodness it’s Friday, the good lady returns and meals become more interesting along with the wine.

3 Likes

Baba Ganoush (eggplant salad) and Lavach bread from a Palestinian grocery store to go with a steamed salmon fillet and asparagus dinner. One Boston Lager was allowed.

7 Likes

Not impossible. We need to share some photos with Bellingcat and they’ll find him.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Just some mewnarket sausages with kalettes and corn on the cobs with gravy.
Kalettes are something else. Like a cross between kale and Brussels sprouts.

If you have never tried them, they are well recommended.

6 Likes

They sound like a '60s backing group, “And may we introduce J.J. Cale and the Kalettes”, I’ll look out for them to try.

3 Likes

Kotlety mielone( beef, oignons white, eggs, milk, bread)

11 Likes

That does appear to offer a somewhat different presentation to meat and two veg !!

3 Likes

Golly that looks good. Love the green of the olive oil.

Roasted groper belly with Salsa Rojo. Was meant to be Salsa Verde but no green bell pepper in da house, just red. The texture of the belly is creamy due to fat, all full of Omega 3 I am sure. Good with Estrella beer.

7 Likes