What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Franziskaner for me, too. I never understood how Weißbier can be schwarz. It is currently on sale at the supermarket of my least confidence.

7 Likes

St. Peter‘s Ruby Red

This is a good one. Smooth taste, great colour, goes down well. Relatively low alcohol content.

12 Likes

Lovely photo.

1 Like

My last breakfast on holiday at home…

7 Likes

Just the ticket on a hot Sardinia day

7 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here, though I haven’t abandoned the pub or stopped drinking! Tonight’s selection at The Bandstand and the rather magnificent Kelburn Porter.

Cheers,

Ian

11 Likes

Last night at the Bitter Suite.

Darling Buds wasn’t as hoppy as I had hoped. Also tried the pilsner - I’m not a lager drinker - which had plenty of flavour but was served much too cold.

5 Likes

Heading there next week, can’t wait for my first Ichnusa of the year

1 Like

Grimbergen Blonde. Ubiquitous and seemingly a dominant brand in French supermarkets despite being Belgian. Beer isn’t a French strong point so I’m happy to be drinking this cheap and full bodied blonde (the Blanche is also good). In the Ile de Re sun.

10 Likes

Tilquin Rhubarb Lambic was very nice.
Balanced and refreshing sour, tangy, and smooth flavor.

5 Likes

Why? I’ve had a busy day and this is one of my all time favourite beers.

steve

8 Likes

Officially a lager, but surely the most un-lager like beer I’ve ever tried.

Toasted grains, and with a lovely nutty taste, the perfect accompaniment to one of Dave’s world famous homemade burgers. :yum: :yum:

10 Likes

A Byron Bay lager

8 Likes

I thought you’d be pickled on 4 XXX by now being in the sunny QLD State ?? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Queenslanders stopped drinking xxxx a long time ago the brewery was taken over by an interstate brewer. Not sure if it’s even available anymore damn horrible stuff.

Bierschmiede - Zunder Rauchbier, Austria

The best smoked beer I know. Unlike all the others, it doesn’t taste like roofing felt.

12 Likes

Couldn’t resist this with a pizza last night.

10 Likes

Because there’s nothing else left! (probably).

.sjb

10 Likes

Meteor Bière de Moment, a cloudy IPA style, and really very good, in a Café in Uzerche.

11 Likes

Are you sure you don’t live in France, HH?

Just spent a week in Dordogne followed by a week on Ile de Re. 4th year we’ve done that combo. C’est magnifique.