What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

It’s only our third trip this year. We are en route to Collioure for a week, then a week in Albi, then La Rochelle and finally Alençon. It’s a long drive from Caen to Uzerche, starting unfeasibly early when the ferry arrives at 6.45. I’m not usually up before 8.

That’s a long drive. We’re lightweights and fly and hire. The advantage of Ile de Re is you don’t need a car and the airport is right by the bridge. Although I’d like to be able to bring some wine home!!

Samuel Smith‘s - Nut Brown Ale

This one tastes really good. Great balance, not too strong but not too weak either. Tastes kind of autumnal. Will buy again. :grin:

17 Likes

I lived in Holland for years and I miss access to many many Belgian beers, but Tesco had this, so cheers!

14 Likes

A pint of ‘Beavertown Neck Oil’ - at the Beaver Inn, Appledore (North Devon), on a glorious late summer evening.

21 Likes

Lovely:

10 Likes

We drove into Spain from Collioure today, along a road that was more hairpin bends than straight bits, and ended up in the first little town, Portbou. We had a normal Mahou and a low alcohol version for Mrs HH who was driving. A plate of patatas bravas and we were in beer and tapas heaven.

15 Likes

Swiss beer on swiss train

8 Likes

Running (hopefully) on Swiss time. :grin:

1 Like

was last week in Greece had toons of mythos and alpha i coud carry a mythos 6 pack from duty free on cruise ship

Guinness Zero

Must say I am a big fan of Guinness. I lived in Dublin for a couple of years and tasted the real stuff.

But this is very good indeed.

11 Likes

Another big Guinness Fan and agree 100% Zero is very good.

1 Like

A Hazy Pale whatever that is, from a mixed 6 pack from granddaughter number two on Father’s Day.

Not bad at all.

3 Likes

Enjoyed these last night. Daughter picked them up on a recent trip to Bruges :blush:

11 Likes

Ahh - haven’t seen that for years! Drank lots of it when I worked at CERN back in the day.

Note sure what this is but my best guess is that it’s Elements session IPA, which the brewer suggested I try. American hops, 4.4%; I’m not a fan of the use of such hops, but it is quite refreshing after walking the dog now the day has cooled. I preferred their Saison.

5 Likes

In Rome.

12 Likes

The Naim playing at home…

4 Likes

Purchased by my daughter for a bit of fun

Yorkshire Pudding Beer, nice and refreshing on a warm evening.

10 Likes

Drinking through my Father’s Day mixed pack of beer.

Anything alcoholic with the word passion fruit in it I usually run and was dreading this. But it’s wasn’t half as bad as I thought it would be, thankfully it’s was bitter.

Next a pale ale so far all the beers were quite good. Love it when a microbrewery gets it right. There’s an XPA which I might give to my son.

6 Likes