What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

I don’t think I know this particular type, but Bira Balladin have been one of the few Italian breweries to pleasantly surprise me. With more than one of their beers I should add.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Belgian, so the choice is huge… :wink:
But I try to go either on a Trappist (for their charity actions and not profit oriented) or local…
My beloved are: Orval, Chimay triple, Westmalle triple and the local is Chouffe.

6 Likes

This appeared today on a channel I follow:

1 Like

Oktoberfest in the living room.

Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier - straight from the local Lidl.

Tastes excellent. Sufficiently strong with 6% alcohol. The only thing missing is the grilled chicken (but I don’t miss the brass bands).

a

11 Likes

Morning Pete,am working on getting up to Sandstone Point,maybe tomorrow,what’s the name of the pub you recommended,there appears to be a few ,looking on line.

There’s only one (really) pub it’s on your right hand side just before you go over the bridge to Bribie Island. Granddaughter number 4 (Mia) is more then likely to serve you. :grin:

2 Likes

Cheers Pete🍺

1 Like

As we are away, about to try some local ish stuff.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Worth drinking just so you can say you drank some Mad Squirrel!

Luckily, it also tasted mighty fine.

Cheers,

Ian

7 Likes

Tribute in the Bath Inn, Penzance.

11 Likes

Mud Map hazy IPA in the spring sunshine. Looks like a milkshake.

11 Likes

Half a Deya Steady Rolling Man Pale Ale at Strombird.

“Half?!”, you say? Well, I do have to get on my scooter (aka moped) to finish my journey home.

11 Likes

Bernard Bohemian Ale

When Czechs brew beer according to a Belgian recipe, it can only go wrong. In this case, definitely not! The best of both worlds. Pleasantly strong with 8.2% alc.

10 Likes

I find that beer is usually enjoyed too cold. One of the reasons to use tubes is to bring that bottle that has been in the bottom shelf of the fridge for too long up to drinking temperature.

8 Likes

Wayne Schlägl (Schlegel?) of Michigan Life and Casualty (who remembers the running gag at Alf).

Schlägl Urquell Märzen Bier.

Not only Belgian monks can brew beer. Austrian ones too. A top notch beer. I’m thrilled, pretty much perfectly matched.

10 Likes

Enjoying the last gasp of summer after a long walk with a cheeky mid-arvo pint or 2 of Adnam’s Mosaic - as it says on the glass ‘a one hop wonder’. Drink is most definitely the curse of the retired classes.

7 Likes

Stiegl Herbstgold, from Salzburg

I like the tradition of autumn beers. Their moderate strength helps to better prepare the liver for the strong bock beers in winter. (A good time to have the blood values checked again and, if necessary, to intervene in time.)

The beer tastes good anyway.

10 Likes

Homebrew Part Grain IPA from Beerworks.
Very hoppy, with a good finish and eminenty drinkable but a bit strong if you want to savour more than one or two.

Remarkably cheap at a supermarket in Poland ! Limited offer.

12 Likes