What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

I’ve been suspicious about zero beers for a number of reasons however someone left this here last weekend and I thought I’d give it a try. I’m not a fan of the popular lager here that this is based on, sorry it just taste like beer.

1 Like

A bottle of this slipped down nicely last night.

10 Likes

On the way back from a meeting called in at a cafe at the glider club for a spot of lunch: beef rendang. It need washing down with a little cider from across the river - tasty and refreshing.

11 Likes

Good choice at the Bitter Suite, Lichfield. The Aussie Blonde was excellent.

11 Likes

Maredsous Tripel

Excellent beer. Reminiscent of Leffe Blond, but more mature. With 10% clearly stronger.

14 Likes

St. Peter‘s Best Bitter

Doesn’t taste as bitter as the name suggests. Quite good, you can drink it, but you don’t have to.

12 Likes

A Coopers sparkling ale on a hot spring public holiday afternoon.

8 Likes

Like minds and all that ,after a hike through Kondollilla National Park,it feels well earned !

7 Likes

Iv we done nothing all day (although I am cooking for guests tonight) and feel I’ve deserved it as well. :grin:

1 Like

The only Aussie beers worth drinking I reckon

They have a great range

1 Like

Weetwood Brewery is located in the village of Kelsall, where I was born. They have some cracking ales on cask but sadly, they don’t get as far north as Scotland.

1 Like

A mostly Windswept (and certainly interesting) selection tonight at The Bandstand. The Clavie is an excellent example of a gently smoked porter and was drinking very well.

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

This wasn’t on the menu so I feel a bit special. And of course I always enjoy a tasty Belgian sour.

10 Likes

Leffe Brune… nice drop

13 Likes

At my pub in Baden, Mr. Pickwick.

After a 10 k run, this is the life!

12 Likes

Bitter Suite, Lichfield. The Barking Mad from Frothblowers in Birmingham was excellent.

10 Likes

It’s the end of the week, time for some German beer.

9 Likes

Friday night, three courses:

Starter, Bottle of Doom Bar

Main, Cod and chips, mushy peas and tarter sauce

Pudding, Bottle of Guinness

Edit: have just noticed a small bar of Green and Black’s 85% cocoa that I might supplement the pudding with

3 Likes

Perfection!

1 Like

Not even sure what this one is but just about to take a sip

4 Likes