What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

You should try the Guinness Nitrosurge. My son bought one a while ago and he said it makes the Guinness like a real draught pint! We both thought that it would be a bit of a gimmick, but no, it definitely works. We are in Ireland so there’s plenty of good Guinness about and the nitrosurge is still worth it.

2 Likes

I do like a wee Warsteiner, in the regulation glass!

12 Likes

Not a favourite but certainly goes down well in a very hot Sunday afternoon.

Balter Cerveza

4 Likes

Now, this I thought is seriously lovely IPA!

5 Likes

Someone needs a pouring lesson!

2 Likes

i reckon hes poured to knocked the gas out a bit so less fizzy on the palate.

A wonderful, new, Oatmeal Stout from Orkney Brewery, called Orca. Served with a very tasty lunch at the brewery’s mainland pub, The Cawdor Tavern, as close as we get to a traditional, English style, country pub hereabouts.

Cheers,

Ian

12 Likes

Knee High had lots of flavour.

Bitter Suite, Lichfield.

7 Likes

hm, well, Italian beer might just be the best in the world? : )

6 Likes

Decisions decisions - nah easy left to right one of each. They close at 830pm.

11 Likes

The beers on for ‘Rocktoberfest’ at The Bandstand. A festival celebrating a variety of cask ales and a good selection of continental bottled beers, with a great mix of music.

Particularly looking forward to this one, though at 10% ABV, I’ll need to savour it!

Cheers,

Ian

9 Likes

slightly richer but very nice and fresh

6 Likes

Hmm where to start! Norwich beer festival underway… last one until 2025 as the roof of St Andrews hall is in disrepair.

12 Likes

Raided the eldest son’s beer fridge. I don’t mind this and it’s a hell of a lot better the the extra IPAs he normally drinks which imo taste like medicine.

8 Likes

I had that one last weekend Pete

It’s quite good

God I had an Iron Jack at the venue last night possibility the worst beer I’ve had. Damn horrible.

Never heard of it - thanks for the advice if I ever see it to stay clear

Mind you all beers at gigs and sports events are crap not to mention triple the price

1 Like

I still have a good number of glasses from this festival, starting from about 1992/3 until I moved up north in 2002. Many, many fond memories of nights in St. Andrews Hall…and probably a few things I don’t remember, too!

2 Likes

Oh dear.

1 Like

That’s not a surprise the only Chinese beer I’ve drank tasted like piss.

2 Likes