What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Trieste and Vienna were very closely linked during the imperial era (more than 100 years ago). That explains why there is a lighthouse. And I thought it was the lighthouse of Jesolo. :wink:

Not so long ago, by the way, a Café Sacher opened in Trieste, in the style of the time-honoured Sacher in Vienna.

3 Likes

Enjoying a Little Creatures Roger’s Brown Ale in the Irish pub in Hamilton Newcastle.

7 Likes

May 1st meeting of the Revolutionary Council was attended by only one other member. The third remaining,live soul had to call off because his wife told him to go shopping.

We had traditional battered sausage and chips the sight of which might give some of you a heart attack. But at well into our 80s we don’t care and it is only once a year.Lovely in light breeze and sunshine. No beer as I was driving.

We change over today shiraz to beer.

So I went to home bargainsHome Bargains .£1.39 fine malty lager moving rapidly off the shelves with many local recommendations. Tuborg Fici. Danish or Turkish?

Nicely dimpled bottle. Like a traditional pint glass.

7 Likes

Schremser Vienna I.P.

Very pleasant to drink, goes down well and leaves a great aftertaste. I’ll treat myself to a second one.

The Riesenrad on the label also fits Vienna better than a lighthouse. But yes, there really is a lighthouse in Vienna, next to river Danube:

(Picture taken from Apple Maps (c) )

8 Likes

The Moor Revival was a very full flavoured 3.4% session beer. Excellent.

Bitter Suite, Lichfield. Screenshot from the Real Ale Finder app.

5 Likes

Not strictly a beer, nor is it a wine, but here it is: sparkling mead with raspberries. Tasty, refreshing even, a tad sweet for my palate so it’s destined for braised wild rabbit.

6 Likes

Suns out so why not

5 Likes

What cigar is that?

Just a cheapie own brand from a shop in Edinburgh, mate goes there reasonably often. About £4 each, a bit rough but ok.

2 Likes

Leffe Blonde, from Belgium, to kick-start the evening. Nectar.

16 Likes

Enjoying an afternoon 500ml in Manchester this bank holiday afternoon

.sjb

9 Likes

Too many to list, but this Year’s Bandstand Beer and Music Festival was eclectic in its variety of ales, both old and new. A brilliant weekend. The photos were taken quite early on the first (Thursday) evening - things were considerably busier than it might appear!

Cheers,

Ian

12 Likes

This is made by the microbrewery Alciacus, by a former employee of Duvel. Duvel of course is Belgian, but this is French. Very nice indeed.

12 Likes

Super Bock - tasteless pish but after walking 17 miles in the heat damn heat it’s ice cold golden nectar!

8 Likes

Hoegaaden Wit Blanche.

I would describe it as a pretty good industry standard.

13 Likes

Bishops Finger – Kentish Strong Ale - 5.4%. The benefits of this are:

1- even only modestly chilled bottles don’t erupt when poured carefully – unlike the Tim Taylor’s Landlord bottles I get, which appear to be a lottery on fizzing-up when opened, even from very chilled.
2- max 2 bottles for me – snooze time comes on pretty quick if I have more.
3- it has deep flavouring, which means it is better to sip than glug

10 Likes

The Black Horse Cranham reopened over the weekend, but as I was passing today I called in; well it would be rude not to. It was so busy that I had nearly finished my pint before I had space to take a photo. Uley still under a £5.

The pub is now in community hands and have gussied it up a bit.

14 Likes

They say it’s the best!Well I don’t know,but yes it’s very nice.

14 Likes

Corfu Beer IPA, at Agios Stefanos in NE Corfu. Not very hoppy, could pass as an English bitter, except it is 6.2%. Very good.

9 Likes

I’ve read that craft beer is something of a thing in France but hadn’t really encountered much. Earlier we went to a small festival with six local brasseries here in Monthermé. The town’s own artisan beer is really lovely, and we also tried a beer from Brasserie Quatre Vingt Dix, called Pump!!, and made with Citra hops. It’s 7.2%, but less strong than their other beer, which was 9.3! Here it is, rather murky but extremely tasty. Luckily it’s only a ten minute walk back.

8 Likes