What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

The beer has suddenly gone very flat…

Hawkshead Prime Stout - toasted coffee grounds yummy.

10 Likes

Settling in to watch the Euros this afternoon with a couple of these bad boys :beer:

12 Likes

Liefmans Kriek Brut

Incredibly fruity and refreshing.

14 Likes

Robinson’s Cascade IPA & Citra (for the lady) in the Golden Rule Ambleside - long been in my top ten worldwide pubs/bars, still unchanged a proper drinkers boozer. Delicious!

14 Likes

Nicest Sake I’ve ever tasted. DELISH :yum:

6 Likes

11 Likes

Timmy Taylor’s Landlord. It’s my go to for reliability.

6 Likes

Ordered 30l strong pilsner from a friend in march. Picked it up last week. Around 6,5%. High quality stuff.

10 Likes

A visit to a favourite pub that has reverted to its previous name the village inn at Barnsley, near Ciren’. It part of the pig chain so expect a certain type of clientele. However, the ale is gravity fed; note the pin and firkins behind the bar. I had Tom Long (Stroud) , whilst another customer had Wiltshire Gold (Arkells).

18 Likes

These days it seems to be Japanese for me - it’s Karakuchi today (my interpretation - nice dry, cold and crispy)!

6 Likes

Oh dear, am I a certain kind of person? I must admit that I used to enjoy a Pig visit, but the last one was quite disappointing. Strangely, that was 18 months ago for a birthday do. When my brother reached that anniversary, he chose a chain pub. There was an extra person and he only stood a glass of wine rather than bottles, but ended up paying only a little less than I did. Inflation?

1 Like

Amongst my acquaintances the various iterations of ‘pig’ are devisive. I reserve judgement as this was my first visit. Me? I focus on the atmosphere, food, drink and service (and how they respond to my dog).

Nothing personal @catswhiskers … as it happens a couple I know was at a pig near Bath yesterday. They said is was a day of pleasure as it was their anniversary.

1 Like

Staying neutral with a :belgium: classic while watching :netherlands: v :fr:

14 Likes

The Pig at Bath is my nearest, I think I prefer lunch times there.

A rapturous review of the Village Pub in the Mail today, a five star rating which I guess means give it a miss for a while.

2 Likes

I’ll call in again at lunchtime next week. BTW the coffee was excellent, which is reason enough.

1 Like

IMG_4496

2 Likes

Weekend camping at Wells next the Sea.

8 Likes

Loch Lomond Bonnie & Blonde in the Masonic Arms Kirkcudbright

450x450

11 Likes

Bure Gold - fab!

2 Likes