What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Our local Brewdog.
An unusual red IPA. Floating Weightless. 6.2 %
They often have lots going on. This one out contracted by a Berlin brewery. Very nice.

10 Likes

I’m a bit behind here, but Yorkshire was excellent; or, more precisely, Ripon was. I eschewed the bigger, more popular hostelries for this amazing little pub and all 3 beers were superb. The stout was undoubtedly my favourite, though.

Cheers,

Ian

12 Likes

And then, on to Northumberland; not a bad beer anywhere and some were exceptional. The Tanners Arms in Alnwick was a fitting way to wrap up, with a superb atmosphere, and a truly spectacular caramel stout.

Cheers,

Ian

15 Likes

Topsham Brewery on Exeter Quay.

Drank too much Utopian lager in the sunshine yesterday - brewed in Crediton, a market town a few miles away. Good stuff.

Beer is expensive these days!

15 Likes

My reward for being dragged around ASDA, slightly dearer than Tesco but on a buy 4 pay for 3, would have been rude not to.

16 Likes

Bitburger Premium Pils - on offer at Spar - and it’s excellent.

1 Like

A trip to Hove to celebrate friends’ son’s graduation. Great meal at Burnt Orange starting off with a local pilsner that was close to the Cz ideal.

7 Likes

Love a good Pilsner. :+1:

2 Likes

Beerbohm’s in Lichfield. Enjoyed the Blue Monkey and the Green Duck. Should have tried the Mild - a favourite - but too hot for a 6% beer.

18 Likes

@Richard …the Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby is spectacular…we used to live within walking distance. Wonderful pub…authentic Victorian ale house. The owner ( i hope still) is John Hughes descendant of Sarah Hughes.

1 Like

One I often fall back on .

10 Likes

On a hot day, super-cold Asahi (the proper Japanese stuff, bought from the Japan Centre in London) goes down a treat…

10 Likes

Lovely, but never had a bad beer from Wye Valley Brewery.

15 Likes

Hacker-Pschorr Kellerbier unfiltered lager hazy orange in the glass when poured from a can. Thin head. Imported from Germany. Ok at the end of a hot day, but not outstanding. 5.5 %

1 Like

I quite like this one. And it’s (almost) alcohol free!

7 Likes

It’s popular here in Western Australia for that very reason.

On our brutal hot summer days, it’s a fine beer. So smooth and drinkable it’s dangerous :laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Refreshing riverside pint of Lacons Encore at the Reebs of Biff Norwich. Looking forward to the Alabama 3 gig later.

15 Likes

Good pub :+1: or even the ribs of beef!

1 Like

In the garden this afternoon. Very refreshing!

10 Likes

Because it was cheap at Spar, because it taste’s really great and because, as a fan of Southwold, it’s imported by Adnams who appear to own the town and brew ,imo, the best Stout in the Uk.

10 Likes