What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Over Christmas I had a beer advent calendar. One of the surprise beers was this one, the balance of hops an citrus was very well executed:

Whilst on the other hand, this one was undrinkable…

Had it been any stronger I would have got something else…

On to my second Drygate Bear face Lager for today… refreshing

Except that when out for a drink, greater ‘oomph’ in the form of alcohol reduces the number of I can drink! Provided the taste is not adversely affected, I prefer lower alcohol unless just having a swift pint or two.

It is quite common for bottled to be stronger. I always thought the strength was increased for bottling, rather than reduced for draught - but I don’t know where I heard that.

All this talk about Proper Job…

6 Likes

visiting a different supermarket from normal I discovered this one:

Circadian, by Ringwood Brewery. In the same vein as Proper Job - very refreshing with white intense and lingering hoppy taste (and without that stale hoppy odour some bottled hoppy beers have).

Rather delightful!

1 Like

Only the good stuff 'round these parts…

Gotta respect a brew whose slogan is “The foam is on the bottom”.

5 Likes

Pale Stale Ale :joy::ok_hand:t3:

A little Tripel Karmeliet for me tonight. First drink after a big Stag do this weekend so though I would go for something easy on the stomach.

4 Likes

I don’t mind the odd Atlantic Pale Ale, not too strong or syrupy, crisp too.

3 Likes

Oh dear, what to have. Another two cracking offerings from 360 Degree in Sussex. Brewed at Sheffield Park just across the lines from the Bluebell Railway…

1 Like

27/28 degrees in Auckland today. Now there’s an excuse for a drink :grinning::grinning::grinning: It’s more about quantity than quality during the warm summer months :sunglasses:, but my usual Urquell pils or a lager (maybe a Peroni) will do the job. SWMBO will undoubtedly ask how many i actually need to “quench my thirst”
Although it doesn’t fix the frustration of Tidal dropouts!!!

Cheers :beers::beers::beers:
Paul

1 Like

Ay Up in the Horse and Jockey, Lichfield. One of my favourites.

1 Like

Only a few can reach that spot when strong Belgium brews are not at hand, and the champ has its own charms that is hard to follow.

3 Likes

Bit of a crisis here. It’s Saturday and the beer fridge is empty…

I must admit to letting my car run so low the mileage left shows the dashed lines but my beer fridge… Thats a different story!

1 Like

Wakachangi is good local lager in New Zealand. According the packaging it is “made from 100% free roaming hops. Once a year when the norwest wind blows from the south, the hops are milked by hand by monks who travel around in a maxi-taxi”. I not sure if I believe that, but the beer is pleasant enough.

4 Likes

James Squire The Chancer, great golden ale and a nice way to wind down on a summers evening.

3 Likes

My crisis was avoided. Man streak on the BBQ, Peroni on the deck. Happy summers.

4 Likes

Great view where is that