What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Directly from the Czech Republic, in a Czech lead crystal glass, but without Czech brass music on the turntable. Tastes very pleasant!

7 Likes

Smooth with a great taste and zero alcohol :+1:

3 Likes

Due to liver problems, I stopped drinking in 13 years ago. Not even a polite toast or tipple. Was recently given a green light from the doc for one beer a week.

Didn’t go as planned. My goto comfort pints back in the UK when I was with family having a pub lunch (i.e. not trying to order a fancy pint with mates) were just Hooky (because it was 5 mins down the road) or John Smith’s Extra Smooth because I’m simple that way. Neither available where I am now. My Japanese goto had been Premium Malts, so I went with that.

After 13 years of milk, tea, or water my taste buds had reverted to age 5. I pulled the same face as a child having their first sip from mum’s glass. Yuck. Couldn’t get it down. Rest went down the sink.

Guinness is the only thing I can tolerate from what’s available now. Not exactly fancy. But my wife knocks back Guiness on weekends so it’s always on hand. But given the choice, I stick with Suntory All-Free. Best non alcohol beer on the planet IME.

3 Likes

Best of luck your health is worth more than a beer. I love Japanese beers they always seem a fresh and clean taste.

3 Likes

@Pete_the_painter, this is one you should try if you haven’t already - our favourite of the big-brewery brews in Japan, but haven’t seen it exported.

6 Likes

Can’t see the name but I will keep an eye out for it. Cheers. :+1:

Yebisu

1 Like

This might be the last chance to enjoy a beer outside for awhile. Summer has clearly ended…

5 Likes

Out enjoying a beer at a local taproom and look who walked by…

6 Likes

Who…? :grin:

6 Likes

Roger that…

2 Likes

I succumbed to the hype … zero alcohol that is not 0.0 Guinness.
A good attempt but lacks the body of the real thing. But as it was on offer I thought I would give it a go.

; however, must improve my pouring technique.

2 Likes

Two pints of Wadworth’s 6X on draught at The Talbot in Ledbury. A black and white pub with decent food and comfortable beds. It turned out to be quiz night so entertainment too. Drank these with a light meal in a black panelled dining room with claimed musket ball holes from the English Civil War.

8 Likes

Good choice at the Bitter Suite in Lichfield. The ‘Gates of Dawn’ was very tasty.

6 Likes

Another offering from the conglomerate, and another brewery that is closing completely. I’m told that this beer is a travesty compared to the original from Cumberland. Nevertheless, it’s refreshing.

3 Likes

Nice to see a fellow pewter tanker user.

2 Likes

The large one was my fathers, the half pint a graduation present.
It reminds of drinking in a city den close to the old Billingsgate Market, where beer was served in pewter jugs alongside the tankards. Wish I could remember the name of the place … I think there was a branch in Covent Garden. This was the late 70’s early 80’s.

1 Like

Jennings Sneck Lifter, one of my all time favourites; such a shame that traditional breweries are being absorbed/lost.

2 Likes

We are fortunate to have a decent selection of small to medium sized independent breweries supplying our local. It’s not something that can ever be taken for granted though.

Cheers,

Ian

8 Likes

Visiting Winchester. Signed book of remembrance. Now at the Stable enjoying Goats Cheese Salad and a pint of Dandy Dab. Others enjoying the cider selection.

Winchester is very vibrant. We are eating outside on a lovely Autumn day.

Phil

4 Likes