What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Return trip to Hove, tasted Harvey’s IPA (3.5%) and best bitter (4%). Watering holes: the latter at the Robin Hood, and the IPA at the Maris and Otter. Well worth the trip but not as refreshing as I had hoped as these beers had more body than I recalled.

4 Likes

Decent selection yesterday in Beerbohm’s Lichfield.

6 Likes

What is this ‘leftovers’ from Christmas of which you speak? :rofl:

Leftovers like this one. Cheers! :wink:

10 Likes

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hornes Brewery Greensands on cask at the Robin Hood in St Albans. A 4.2% green hopped golden ale. A nice pint but lacking in character. Might develop more flavour towards the end of the cask.

6 Likes

Leffe Triple (in the wrong glass). Leffe’s best, I think.

10 Likes

Pinzgau Bräu, Phönix aus der Asche (Phoenix from the ashes). Smoked beer from Salzburg/Austria. Just right, not too little but not too much either. Ideal to round off the week.

10 Likes

Ok, one more goes. I didn’t want to move too much, so we’ll stay in Salzburg. Stiegl Bio-Bock (Organic Bock). Only available at Christmas and Easter. This one is already for Easter and tastes especially good this year.

10 Likes

An ice cold Treachery XPA on a very hot Monday.

8 Likes

Where are you Pete ? I can see water :grinning:

Forster.

I just got back from Mittagong supposedly 33 degrees today Sydney to hit 38 evidently and then storm

Had a few cold ones at just opened refurbished Mittagong Hotel, great range on tap, not a pokie on site

Pub family from Robertson bought it and spent heaps, it’s fantastic they will do really well

Website to come had a couple of the small plates , excellent

Wish someone would buy the pub n town. It’s up for sale at $1.5m pokies have been stripped out and council is insisting any refurb has to restore the original features that have been ripped out by others years ago. No one is willing to take it on as they believed it’ll be $2m project.

Bloody hell

This one was pretty run down but they have done just a great job , only opened at 3pm on Friday , naturally I and couple of friends were second through the doors ha

The other pub has also had a tart up and is going really well , but it’s got the pokies I don’t go there.

so it’s all good on the pub scene down there

We’re meeting with the mayor next week to discuss why they make it so difficult to invest in town. They make all this noise about growing the place and then hog tie anyone who try’s.

Typical

A4 by Blue Monkey an excellent session beer.

Beerbohm’s Lichfield.

11 Likes

No photo but I was in the tap room at Stroud Brewery last night. I drank Tom Long and OPA. There was their attempt at a Belgian Double, but did not get a chance to try it. Apparently it came out weaker than expected.

BTW, the pizzas are exceptional; sourdough and a domed wood fired oven, similar to the one at River Cafe I’m reliably informed.

An ice cold XPA watching cricket

5 Likes