What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Easter is coming soon, thus it’s bock time again! The retailer of my least distrust delivered a few boxes of bock beers this week.

Here we have: ‚Grieskirchner Osterbock‘ from Austria. Tastes sweet and well balanced.

8 Likes

Delirium Tremens

9 Likes

Tuborg Fici(draft) lager, brewed in Turkey, this pilsner is crisp and refreshing and perfect with a curry tonight.

6 Likes

An American Pilsner from the Tinshed in Dungog.

5 Likes

Any good Pete ?

I’m a Pilsner fan but not too many around these days which is a shame

1 Like

Just above average nothing special. I love a good pilsner but they’re increasingly hard to get as these microbreweries just keep trying to out IPA’ing each other. Some just end up tasting like medicine.

Guinness Hop House Lager

The name describes the taste quite well. Pleasantly soft, slightly hoppy, thoroughly refreshing.

7 Likes

Pint of the usual Harveys at the Robin Hood in St Albans. Wonderful complex malt chewiness.

12 Likes

Red Stripe - straight from Jamaica.

Since the brand belongs to Heineken, I guess it was not brewed in Jamaica. :wink: But it tastes quite good and refreshing.

5 Likes

Just finished gardening,system fired up,in total chill mode .

12 Likes

Ichnusa from Sardinia. Not bad, but it tastes much better in Italy than at home. :wink:

10 Likes

Never had a dark lager but this was rather good.

10 Likes

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier, Fastenbier. From Germany.

Has helped monks through Lent. Slightly smoky, not too much, not too little. Tastes very good to me, I can recommend it.

7 Likes

Had one a couple of nights ago… not bad.

Prefer UBU…(Useless Bloody Urchin)

7 Likes

Shocking sign of the times: a session lager (3.8%) has been taken off the pump at my local to be replaced with aperol spritz on draught.

3 Likes

Eeeyeuuuch…you poor thing.

Aperol Spritz - the drink of tourists and the unimaginative.

Puhleeeese. And those who call a Margharita a ‘Marg’ :laughing:

And what’s with all the straws!? Jeez…order a shot - “you wanna straw with that?”

(Drink Fascist moi? Yup).

1 Like

Red Stripe was better imho before Heineken got hold of it.

I’m not sure beer translates well when brewed in a another country…bit like Cadbury’s (the pre-US buyout Cadburys) - it was awful when I bought a bar in San Francisco years ago - left it on a windowsill. Nothing like the UK chocolate.

1 Like

Those big breweries have a habit of taking fantastic local beers and ruining them. I’ve watched them destroy lots of good beers over the last 30 or so years.

They do the same my they make great imported beers locally and they still charge you the same.

You a fan of Little Creatures, Pete?
An Oz friend raved about it - been a fan ever since.