What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Can’t say I am tbh think they’re also been sucked up by a large brewery.

I was a big fan of James Squire’s Chancer (a golden lager) they were made in a brewery in an inner Sydney suburb but now made by a mega brewer that’s fcked them. Anyway I thought you blokes only drunk Fosters. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I used to drink Fosters Lager imported in cans from Australia in the 1970s. Good stuff. Now you can only get UK brewed stuff in the UK and I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

1 Like

It’s funny whenever we travel to the UK or the US people always think it’s all we drink. The truth is nobody I know has touched the stuff since the late 70s it’s horrible and I don’t even think you can get it here now thankfully.

Foster’s is a joke! Although sadly, piss-poor lager is still overwhelmingly popular here…

I haven’t had a Little Creatures in awhile…sad if they have gone into the maws of a conglomerate.

Church End Gravediggers Mild in The Bull, 1 Price Street, Birmingham. Proper beer in a traditional pub. Attended a local history forum. An apt

drink to accompany faggots, peas and mash.

12 Likes

Spoilt for choice for IPAs in NE Americas.

3 Likes

Rogue Chocolate Stout

8 Likes

After circa 7 months of Yorkshire weather :cloud_with_rain:, flew out to Mauritius (with the 2 boys).
For medicinal purposes we have to drink the very
tasty local beer in copious amounts… :beer:

10 Likes

After a bracing, snowy, walk in the local hills, I visited the Bandstand for a pint of Broughton, Wee Jock, 80 Shilling but forgot to take a photo.

Once home and fed, I remembered this from a trip to the brewery last week; a fine example of the style, with a nice maltiness, perfect with some evening tunes.

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

Excellent pint of Hook Norton Double Stout from cask at the Mermaid in St Albans.

12 Likes

Very posh. I usually just drink it from the bottle. 5x is such a special blend.

7 Likes

I’m with you,regards bottle,Mrs Lorro had already poured this for me as a reward for my efforts in the garden :smile:

1 Like

7 Likes

One of my favourites.

10 Likes

Finally able to enjoy a quiet beer night at home after being occupied by Axpona last weekend.

Grimbergen Blond

8 Likes

A tangent but it’s the final paragraph that caught my eye. I can well imagine how the contents were ‘disposed of…with respect to environmental concerns’ :beers::wink:

2 Likes

Gee they’re touchy aren’t they. Bth calling any Millers beer a champagne is a long shot. I’ve never drunk High Life but their ordinary beer is pretty bad.

Champagne is a Protected Designation of Origin so can only be used in relation to wine grown in the region. I think that Miller High Life is not sold or promoted either in the EU or UK. I have drunk Miller Lite many years ago, but like you I wasn’t impressed.

300x300

To company an excellent curry, earlier today…!!

3 Likes

I have to admit to getting to quite like the Guinness Nitrosurge.

It’s a big advance on the cans with the widget. Black box upgrade!

.sjb

11 Likes