What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Bernard Amber Lager

From the Czech Republic. Great colour. Tastes relatively light despite the 5% alcohol. In a blind tasting, one would not assume a dark beer.

10 Likes

No photo, but had a half of an imperial porter at the Great Northern in St Albans. Brewed by Vocation of Hebden Bridge at 11.7% ABV and matured for 13 months in bourbon casks. Had a chat with the brewer as well.

6 Likes

St. Peter‘s Old-Style Porter

Chocolatey to fruity - quite well balanced.

10 Likes

A little cheeky perhaps:

10 Likes

Occasionally, a beer comes along that is just perfect. This is one of them. The coffee undertones perfectly complement the smoky porter and everything is in perfect proportion; magnificent!

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

I’m not much of a lager drinker, but this one from Malaga hits the spot on a warm, sunny day.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Maredsous Tripel

Top notch!

11 Likes

7 Likes

The brewer from Elements (Ashton Down near Burford), said that this saison would be lively! He also said it was an experiment with hints of black pepper, lemon and honey. But if it ever goes on tap I would drink it: very refreshing - not your usual floral or fruity hit from this type of beer.

6 Likes

@garcon @Camphuw
Are you going for the largest head competition?

5 Likes

Tegernseer hell.

Feeling like King Lugwig II. A great Bavarian beer and also good against thirst. :wink: I’ll open another one then.

11 Likes

Quelle suprise

.sjb

11 Likes

Go on then:)

8 Likes

I should add that it is made from oats, barley and wheat as well as a specific Belgian saison yeast.

Is the pourer better than the cans with widget in?

Thank heavens for quality local breweries. Beer for every occasion. A 316 to sit outside in the sunny courtyard this arvo - crisp and citrusy - or a Blackwood Stout or 3 before a curry in the deep mid-winter.

10 Likes

A much more realistic and transparent head and an inky blackness in the body and so much more drinkicality, a full black can upgrade.

.sjb

2 Likes

I like grain brewery, good selection in 10 bells in Norwich.

2 Likes

The usual good selection at the Bitter Suite, Lichfield.

7 Likes