What book are you reading right now?

They are great looking loco’s, unfortunately, never saw any in actual service, but lucky enough to have been pulled by 2 in preservation.

1 Like

I didn’t see a garter blue one in period but did see BR Green a few times at the 20th mile bridge ( from Kings Cross supposedly) near to Welwyn, as a train spotting child. Golden Eagle strikes a particular memory.

2 Likes

York NRM, not the greatest photo, but I did manage to get and see part of the gathering, stunning loco’s.

5 Likes

Never not a good excuse to show mine. :smile:

3 Likes

Very nice, like that, what make is Scotsman behind.

1 Like

Apologies to everyone for thread drift but I’ll make this the last. A4 is an O gauge Ace, the Green Scotsman is an O gauge clockwork Hornby.

1 Like

Very nice! Agree back to books.

It’s a excellent read, if a little dated now. Hard work too but well worth it imo.
Obviously with recent progress in AI some of RP’s predictions might be difficult to absorb with the ‘distractions’ of our current knowledge. Fortunately I read it when it was first published.

1 Like

I’ve just started this. It’s utterly compelling. And rather shocking.

3 Likes

1 Like

Is that the same as the Mallard engine?

1 Like

Yes @anon70766008, In 2013 The National Railway Museum managed to get all six surviving A4 locomotives at York for the 75th Anniversary of "Mallard"s 1938 record breaking run.

4464 ‘Bittern’

4468 ‘Mallard’

60009 (4488) 'Union of South Africa

4489 ‘Dominion of Canada’

60008 (4496) 'Dwight D Eisenhower

60007 (4498) ‘Sir Nigel Gresley’

1 Like

Mick Herron: the secret hours.
Very enjoyable … but what do you expect!

3 Likes

1st edition. 1996.
Enjoyable guilt free romp through the ages of the manifestions.

3 Likes

Ian Rankin - The Hanging Garden

Re-reading the Rebus books up to book nine on Ian Rankin’s Birthday.

5 Likes

Sad to see you go but thanks for all the enjoyment you have given me and a million others.

9 Likes
1 Like

Fascinating but dispiriting account of the death of the counter culture in America.

1 Like

5 Likes

Some experiences of a French fighter pilot in the R.A.F. In WW II.

‘Some’ in this case means 420 operational sorties.

5 Likes