What book are you reading right now?

I read that in about 1972 when I was about 14. Enjoyed it. I was absorbing lots of RAF stuff in that period.

This is the cover I had:

5 Likes

Interesting and intriguing… I’ll look for it. Thanks.

I read it many years ago in Italian when it was published in this successful - and still in existence - editorial series:

Now I want to read the original.

2 Likes

It is not the first time I am reading it. I decided to own the book and found a new copy from the first print of 1951. It even has one of these attached cotton book marks. It is a pleasure to handle a book so meticulously made.

3 Likes

When breaking the law is right and justified…

Although I use the Kindle in conjunction with Alexa and Audible I still hanker sometimes for a real book. Like cds they are inexpensive from Wob. When read they are always welcome at the Hospice shop.
I suppose it’s my vinyl versus streaming argument.

Fred Vargas… I will restart the Adamsberg saga.
Kutscher… When I was given free Sky for a period I watched Babylon Berlin and enjoyed the interwar Berlin colour.
Gregory… I am upto date with Andrew Taylor’s Marwood/Hakesby Restoration tales so thought another series based around Charles II would help fill out the period.

3 Likes

Courtesy of the local library.

steve

3 Likes

A House Called Tomorrow
Fifty Years of Poetry
Cooper Canyon Press

Currently reading poetry from a local press located up in Port Townsend, Washington. A small press that I have enjoyed over the years with the authors/books they have published. They include a few Pulitzer Prize winners, W. S Merwin (The Shadow of Sirus), Ted Koozer (Delights & Shadows) and Jericho Brown (The Tradition), along with several National Book Award authors.

Not everyones cup of tea but I do enjoy poetry…

7 Likes

6 Likes

IMG_9648

2 Likes

Absolutely fascinating!

steve

2 Likes

A Perfect Spy by John Le Carre

6 Likes

Starting it today.

5 Likes

My current book at bedtime being read to me as an audible book. 12 hours long and chopped up
Into 1 hour long chapters but I am normally in the land of nod within half an hour.

6 Likes

I’m in to the third book of the Long Earth series, an interesting take on the parallel worlds idea

Next on my list and on its way in the post.

2 Likes

Alfred Bester’s ‘The Demolished Man’.

5 Likes

5 Likes

A very thorough and thoughtful article

NB Source : the current edition of The New Yorker