What book are you reading right now?

This is #5 in the Karen Pirie books, and I think it’s the best yet. I love Val McDermid’s work; the Scottish references and in-jokes help, of course, but you don’t need to pick up on those to enjoy what is another superior detective story. And you don’t even need to be an erstwhile Raith Rovers fan.

4 Likes

Just read this Nick, very enjoyable :+1:

I’ve started the first of the Boudica series, a bit harder going but early days

1 Like

The original!

4 Likes

The third Lachlan Kite story is currently on Kindle for .99p Bargain. A very fine and detailed series of spy yarns.

Apparently we are off to Rawanda should be fun and informative.

2 Likes

Another splendid Myers novel. This time set in the Northern Soul revival milieu but, as ever, about so so much more.

1 Like

I thought I’d finished reading the Flashy books years ago, but I’d somehow missed this one. It’s everything you’d want from the despicable and hilarious craven coward/hero.

3 Likes

Halfway through my re-read of “Mason & Dixon”, and about to go off on a short vacation, so I’m switching to a brand new book - “Keeping the Faith“ by Brenda Wineapple. It’s about the Scopes Monkey Trial. Seemed timely.

1 Like

IMG_2385

2 Likes

04168694_art-of-dying

1 Like

Not usually interested in naval history but this is fascinating.

steve

3 Likes

4 Likes

The TV series was good, hopefully another?

The story is well known but this looks very well written.

6 Likes

Borrowed from a friend. Could be interesting.

5 Likes

I hope so too.

Just finished this, an excellent account of the Apollo 13 mission

4 Likes

One of the most important books of the 20th century.

It’s very interesting indeed, perhaps I am going to read ‘dark sun’ when I have finished this one!
But I have heard it’s a tough technical read.

I don’t recall the last time I read two books back to back that gave me as much pleasure as these.
“Set My Heart To Five” is indescribable. Really genuinely unique and strange.I was saddened by the end and that it had ended.
And the travel book, well it’s just a really great travel book. Gave me itchy feet.