What book are you reading right now?

This is the start of the 2nd trilogy in this series, the first I could not put down. This is the same. The Times quote is spot on. Not that I’ve ever tried Morphine.

1 Like

Sadly they have all been read. Assassins Apprentice on wards.

Like Guy Gavriel Kay she can take you to wonderful and exciting new worlds.

I have admired the new book livery for some time.

2 Likes

I sometimes enjoy ( not really the right word here)a breakout from my detectives and spy world.

Even though I do not always enjoy the best of health this makes me realise I have it quite easy.

Library book. Keep them open.

Can be found on kindle.

6 Likes

Any good?

Catching up on some threads after a self inflicted absence

I love GGK but hadn’t spotted this one. I sort of fell out with fantasy for a while until a friend lent me “The Finovar Tapestry” trilogy.

I think my all time favourite book is Tigana.

It took me a long time to read any book after finishing the two Sarantium books I was so emotionally affected.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

.99 on Kindle today.

Got mine.

2 Likes

In my youth I read several books by / about Aleister Crowley, vilified in the press and called the most evil man in the world. I suspect that title should pass to the subject of this book.

3 Likes

Stunning photography, thanks to Camphuw for the recommendation

1 Like

Alastair Reynolds - Eversion

I’ve only just started this and I’m really not sure. This has a completely different feel to his ‘normal’ (sci fi) books. I’ll persevere, after all I’ve read and enjoyed a lot of his work.

So far, very enjoyable.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up… on hold at my library now. I’ve enjoyed many of his books, and really liked the steampunk - space opera vibe of the Revenger series.

Case Study was just OK for me, although I thought His Bloody Project was superb. I’d be interested to see what you think.

41fq+6B8yxL

51xit+7tLTS

Parly Road - Ian Todd.

Just starting the first episode of The Glasgow Chronicles, which follows the escapades of a bunch of ten year old kids in Glasgow, and what happens once they cross paths with some of the shadiest characters that 1960s Glasgow has to offer.

Pure dead brilliant! :scotland:

1 Like

First of his I’ve read. I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Sadly John Lawton seems to have given up on Inspector Troy but news that a new Joe Wilderness novel was about to be published led me to understand that I had missed two of these stories.

Wonders of Kindle .99p each.

2 Likes

Just started reading this.

3 Likes

What’s it like?
I haven’t heard of him and am looking for a new source of Good SciFi🤔