What hifi or music did Santa bring you?

Thanks for that inspiration. Didn’t know Nubya Garcia yet. Sounds really nice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol, probably the P8 for its engineering simplicity —

but on the other hand that black and brass Gyro looks good just standing still.

2 Likes

You are very welcome. My introduction to Nubya came from a recommendation on the “what are you listening to” thread. This forum has given me great joy in these difficult times.

4 Likes

I’m picking up the LP set tomorrow - be interesting to hear it vs my CD.

2 Likes

You should perhaps consider which kind of music you are most listening to.
Because the Gyrodeck is more calm , with better bass ( with an SME arm at least).
The P8 is fastest and more involving ( prat).

1 Like

I saw that concert on Sky Arts a few days ago - it was absolutely fantastic!

1 Like

Three complete orchestral scores for some of my favourite John Williams pieces:

I’ve wanted to see the score to Star Wars in particular since I was a teenager, so this is very exciting.

Mark

5 Likes

Good on you
It’s the first year I’ve not been out donating sleeping bags and blankets, wooly hats and gloves to the homeless due to covid restrictions instead I donated money like yourself

2 Likes

Oh buggar…guess you’ll have to get both, one for the study and one for the main system…either that or demo both at home and pick your favorite I suppose, if possible?

Wish you everything of the best whichever way you go, they both sound great to me.

1 Like

Bugger all the tight sod , still I’m out in Preston tomorrow so hmv might get a visit

1 Like

Saying goodbye to my Rega RP6, Ortofon Quintet Blue and Lehmann Statement Phono Stage. Santa brought me a replacement Rega P8 with Apheta 3 and Aria phono stage… Unfortunately he has been held up and it will arrive soon…

11 Likes

Panasonic bread machine i believe, we love it.

3 Likes

We have one, too. I’ve always thought it a pity it had a captive lead. Love to see what sort of loaf it would produce with a powerline.

Roger

2 Likes

The new Michael Rother release and two more Stereolab double CD sets.

1 Like

Save your money, get a green felt tip and paint in the top lip of the pan green, you won’t believe your taste buds

1 Like

Neither kit nor music, but some very neat birch vinyl dividers!
I’m now the most organised I’ve ever been!

16 Likes

Looks like you have Cockney Rebel’s - The Human Menagerie - filed under ‘H’ now come on that is a bit sloppy. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That was actually deliberate! I decided to keep all my Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel albums together (for old times sake!), The Psychomodo’s with them too…anyway, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!! :joy: (well spotted AndyP!! :upside_down_face:)

1 Like

The Human Menagerie and The Psychomodo are classic albums - Somebody called me Sebastian…

2 Likes

I was very, very lucky this Christmas. All arrived just in time.

From Abbey Road studios.
Bob Marley Exodus
Bob Marley Survival
Bob Marley Kaya
All half speed masters

On Christmas eve this arrived, Dave Brubeck 200 gram vinyl 45rpm by Analogue Productions. This is know my reference standard especially track 1 on side 2 Take Five. Incredible 1959 recordings by Columbia Studios pressed by Quality Record Pressings.

Have a great New Year

WolF

7 Likes