What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

A special set of the complete piano sonatas of Beethoven, in 24/352.8, all from Native.dsd

3 Likes

San Pedro’s Vision | Subconscious Reflection | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC
A live session recorded at 3rd planet studios, by this fine young contemporary psychedelic rock 'n stuff band. Thanks for the heads up @Nick.Lees

2 Likes

Can’t wait for their next release. They’ve got great potential.

If you were into the psych rock, then do try the first Birth album, just released. It’s terrific.

Kosmogon | MÄSSAN | bandcamp | 16/44.1 FLAC

KOSMOGON is a duo featuring classically trained pianist Sophie Linder & musical collaborator Nicklas Barker, best known as member of prog rock band Anekdoten. Inspired by early electronic music pioneers such as Ash Ra Tempel, Tangerine Dream & Eliane Radigue they create tapestries of contemplative, minimalist, pastoral soundscapes and hallucinogenic visions with analog Mellotrons, synths & organs.

1 Like

First Birth, by San Pedro’s ? I can’t see it on bandcamp yet…

Here you go…

1 Like

Thanks, Nick. It is now in the collection.

Birth | Born | bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC

1 Like

N.B. For those who like Birth (again, what a wretched name) Do check out Astra, esp. The Weirding. This is Astra live. Very early 70s Pink Floyd. Well I think so!.

Oh, and prior to being Astra they were Silver Sunshine, with a vibe that sounded like 2 or 3 years previously.

2 Likes

All eight volumes of Montreal Baroque performing Bach Cantatas. My favorite recording of these works. (I like my Cantatas one voice per part.) This was supposed to be the beginning of a cycle, but the last release was in 2018, and one or two volumes seemed to have vanished from Tidal and Qobuz. So I grabbed them while still available.

CD quality FLAC, although some (all?) are available in hi rez. Several were released as SACDs (if you can find them).

2 Likes

The Soviet Space Dog Project | The Complete Baiknour Concert | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

1 Like

Perge | Mutually Assured Destruction | bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC

Had to download this for in the car, Jack Whites excellent new album Entering Heaven Alive

8 Likes

I just downloaded the latest kokoroko album now available via bandcamp for a discounted price until midnight tonight. Only £5! Bargain.

7 Likes

I was just about to post that one!! :grin: :grin:

FLAC 24bit/96k according to Windoze

4 Likes

Teeth of the Sea | A Field in England Re-Imagined | bandcamp | FLAC | 16 /44.1
This one had passed me by so I’m now making amends:
“This work sees London’s most adventurous and intrepid psychedelic adventurers allying motifs and psychic spectres from Jim Williams and Blanck Mass’ music and reinterpreting them to their own ends, arriving at a bold and richly atmospheric transmission that takes the rites and revelations of the original work into pastures new.” The blurb

3 Likes

I just downloaded these three albums:

All purchases from Highresaudio.com. All FLAC 96kHz 24bit.
(Unfortunately I have missed the bandcamp discount on the Kokoroko album …)

2 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Endless River, 96 Khz/24 Bit. 30 bucks well spent on Qobuz.

9 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band I Am The Moon: IV. Farewell | Qobuz | 24/192 | FLAC
Completing the fourth and final part of their fascinating take originating in a 12th century Sufi love poem.

7 Likes

Moon Duo | Live At Levitation | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC
Pre-ordered for September 30th

2 Likes

A few weeks ago I bought the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs Cool it down album on Bandcamp as a pre-order, the first two songs are great. WAV for the system, MP3 for the phone as I listen via blue tooth headphones.

In the meantime, I have bought a few CDs, some new and some charity shop bargains.

1 Like