What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

Mark Knopfler

The Studio Albums 2009 – 2018

Qobuz - 24 Bit/88.2 kHz

Edward

6 Likes

After a period without any purchases, I went on a Corelli kick. Op. 5 Sonatas by Manze and Egarr and Op. 1-4 by the Purcell Quartet and friends.

Also, while I hardly need another recording of Dvorak Symphonies 7-9, a poster on another forum said that the Dohnanyi/Cleveland set was in his top 10 recordings for sound quality. I also have Szell/Cleveland (among others), so I plan to do a comparison.

All CD Quality FLAC.

2 Likes

The Nationals excellent New album The First 2 Pages of Frankenstein.

5 Likes

Agree about the Dvorak 7-9 with Dohnanyi/Cleveland. Excellent SQ, on CD anyway. Not heard the FLAC but I would think the same applies.

Kayhan Kalhor and Toumani Diabate-The Sky Is The Same Colour Everywhere. HD. Qobuz.
God, this is a great album. The contrasting textures of the two instruments, the interplay, the lyrical playing, the vibrancy!

4 Likes

Interesting pairing.

1 Like

‘Tis nine pence cheaper on Bandcamp :laughing:

And that is a fine Meezer in your avatar! Name?

1 Like

Thank you, her name was Boo. Unfortunately died about 5 years ago, speeding car. My forum name derives from her.

Pre-ordered a week or so ago, can now download from Qobuz:

1 Like

Darkroom | Cloisters | bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC

Their latest EP length reminding me that I’ve not bought or played any of their music for too long.

“Guitar but not guitar; synthesizers but not keyboards – Darkroom’s music starts with improvisation and a distinctive approach to sound design, followed by disciplined editing and stop-motion studio craft. By turns beautiful and beautifully ugly, theirs is a very human music that always sounds ‘played’ not ‘programmed’, despite the essential technology.”

Original recording: The Cloisters, Letchworth Garden City, 24th June 2018

Paco de Lucia | The Montreux Years | Qobuz | 24/44.1 | FLAC

Blackmore’s Night | Shadow of Thr Moon (25th Anniversary) | Qobuz | 24/48 | FLAC

Brian Eno | ForeverAndEverNoMore (Forever Voiceless Edition) | Qobuz | 24/44.1 | FLAC

David Bowie | Laughing With Liza | Qobuz | 24 /44.1 | FLAC

David Crosby & The Lighthouse Band | Live At The Capitol Theatre | Qobuz | 16/44.1 | FLAC

5 Likes

Arushi Jain on Bandcamp

Under the Lilac Sky:

24 bit/44.1 kHz

And then there were these (while I was passing…)

folder folder
24/48kHz… … … … … … … … … … … … …24/44.1kHz
folder folder

24/44.1kHz… … … … … … … … … … … … …16/44.1kHz
folder
16 bit 44.1kHz

3 Likes

Funnily enough as it goes one of my favourite Bowie tracks is ‘Gospel According to Tony Day’ the groove and drive on this album of that song is quite amazing.

1 Like

Love that David Crosby album.

2 Likes

Flyying Colours - Flyying Colours (Qobuz 16/44.1)

Flyying Colours - Roygbiv (Qobuz 16/44.1)

Sway - The Millia Pink and Green (Qobuz 16/44.1)

1 Like

Stratosphere | Cyclus | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC
“…is a brilliant piece of work,” says critic Serge Timmers of luminousdash.be. "It’s a powerful drone-ambient album with a dreamy post-rock feel to it. The magic that this man can create with his guitar, his bass and his pedalboard is quite stunning.”

1 Like

The Grapes of Wrath - The High Road (2013)

Canadian band, wonderful melodic rock. Can’t stream this so found it on 7 Digital and downloaded in Flac.

1 Like

I posted in the “what are you listening to thread” that I have been listening to a lot of All India Radio lately.

If you are interested, his whole catalogue is available on Bandcamp at a steal of a deal. I got the whole lot!!! To quote Motorhead “Overkill”

1 Like

Mike Oldfield | Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary| Qobuz | 24/44.1 | FLAC
Not a huge fan of Mike Oldfield but TB was ok and I did like Ommadawn and in particular the later Return to Ommadawn. So I was intrigued and led by the forum who suggested this is a worthwhile upgrade…

7 Likes

And also her Schumann album….

1 Like