What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

Angie McMahons excellent follow up to Salt, Light Dark Light Again

Qobuz 24/44.1 Flac.

3 Likes

Black Sky Giant | Primigenian | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

“Twinkly doom with a heavy dose of desert rock makes for a stellar record that left a huge impression on me! This is the first time I’ve commented on a album on BC and I can’t contain my enthusiasm for this one! If BSG keep up the momentum they will be juggernauts in the scene, mark my words!” - One of very many appreciative comments on bandcamp about this fine band and album.

2 Likes

Mahaon | Viva the Fluor | bandcamp | 24/44.1 |FLAC

Black Sky Giant: I don’t have this new one but I did pick End Of Days Pilgrimage and Falling Mothership from Bandcamp sometime this year and they are both first rate. I like your “twinkly doom with a heavy dose of desert rock”.

Most recent purchases were They Watch Us From the Moon : Cosmic Chronicles (more stoner rock with vocals that remind me a lot of Ruby The Hatchet) and L’Ira Del Baccano : Cosmic Evoked Potentials. Nice Bandcamp Friday pickups from last week

1 Like

Nice picks there Graeme, Ruby The Hatchet are a band I buy and follow which (as ever) reminds me that I haven’t played anything from them for a long while. I continue to say that sadly there is so much music but just not enough time! @GraemeBC

I know but I just couldn’t resist it, bought a hi res version @ 96/24 WAV from HD Tracks, interestingly Qobuz only had it in CD quality and it was 6 bucks (per album) dearer.

6 Likes

HD Tracks do not appear to be available in the U.K. ?

I’m almost finished both albums, gee that’s a lot of Beatles. Sound quality is pretty good there’s some interesting things I heard for the first time.

I enjoyed listening from start to finish, it is the greatest greatest hits.

2 Likes

I’m logged in from the UK…

Although I had to reset my password. OTOH they then sent me a 20% off voucher.

1 Like

I had to change my password as well however the discount email didn’t turn up till after I’d purchased the albums. Doh.

Pete, you just have to buy some more music. :grinning:

1 Like

The Beatles

The Beatles 1962 – 1966 (2023 Edition)

Qobuz - 24bit/96kHz

The Beatles 1967 – 1970 (2023 Edition)

Qobuz - 24bit/96kHz

Edward

6 Likes

The zero in the fonts looks inconsistent or is it me?

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed that. It is inconsistent. :laughing:

Zero or O?

The zero in 2023 Edition - I would have assumed they’d have matched the zero to the one in 1967-1970.

That’s odd it wasn’t available here in hi res, only cd quality. I ended up getting it from HD Tracks. Interesting mixes.

No think it’s right it does relate to the o in the script.

Can you elaborate, not really familiar with it.

Just an early morning observation on my part for that artwork.

There’s not much more to say I was answering your question. The stylised 0 and the letter o are similar, the relationship. Hey it’s just how I see it we all see/remember/hear things differently. :grin:

1 Like