What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

Bandcamp. .flac

The CD also turned up yesterday.

3 Likes

Ian Boddy | Aurora | 2002 | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC
" “Aurora” sees Boddy creating a seamless mix between the 6 tracks, which covers an enormous amount of sonic territory in its 67 minute running time. The music runs the full gamut from purely abstract, impressionistic pieces such as the darkly oppressive textures of “Gravity Well” to the analogue sequencer driven track “Escape Velocity”. Boddy has created a work with an almost orchestral sense of dynamics despite the resolutely electronic nature of its voicings. Great slabs of sound rise and fall, twisted textures recede to near inaudibility…"

1 Like

Ese & The Vooduu People | Up In Smoke | Bandcamp | 32/48 | FLAC

A brand new version of the classic title track from Ese & The Vooduu People’s debut album “Up In Smoke” – taken from the forthcoming studio album “Is This Jazz?”

Ese Okorodudu – Electric guitars, lead vocals and backing vocals
Raphael Delfino – Acoustic guitar
Wilmer Sifontes – Percussion
Bubu Otis – Drums
Sheena Ross- Backing vocals

Produced by Carl & Ese
Overdub recording/mixing and mastering by Carl Russ-Mohl

Executive producers: Carl Russ-Mohl, Ese Okorodudu and Kevin Whitlock

4 Likes

Think I’ll check this out, was quite a fan of them back in the day.

1 Like

th

Buy mostly from eclassical. More recently, I also use Presto Classical as they have been offering discounts and now seem to embed the image file. Download at maximum resolution my 222 will allow.

2 Likes

Pieces Pour Theorbe et Guitare - Diaz Latorre
La Mascarade (Theorbo and Baroque Guitar) - Lislevand

Both 88.2/24 from Qobuz

1 Like

DOWN TO THE DOWNTOWN
Superior recording and perfect lazy Sunday music!

2 Likes

Dub Atomica (Ian Brody & Nigel Mullaney) | Autonimic | Bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

Qobuz Supreme 96-24.

Both gorgeous (from someone who is not particularly a Liszt fan).

2 Likes

Chris Westlake

Star Trek: Lower Decks, Vol. 1 (Original Series Soundtrack)

Bandcamp 24bit/48kHz

Edward

2 Likes

This imminently (Qobuz pre-order):

3 Likes

19 year old bought the Dany limited edition of this on CD so I’ve just ripped it to the Innuos for him. Sadly only 1 of the limited edition covers is available.

1 Like

All from Qobuz…

La Traversee - Patricia Petibon - 96/24

The Mad Lover - Thomas Dunford, Théotime Langlois de Swarte - 192/24

Le Parfaict Danser: Dance Music 1300-1500 - Into The Winds - 192/24

1 Like

Pietro Zollo | Fragmented Patterns | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

“…As I listen, the music gives me suggestions which I would call abstract, because there is no objective or precise reference to reality. This process submerges me in a magical moment in which all these fragments make sense together and the music matches my mood, revealing my intention.” Pietro Zollo

The Great Cello Concertos: Dvořák, Schumann, Saint-Saëns, Elgar, Haydn…
Jacqueline du Pré. 24/96 FLAC

Released: July 10, 2024
Duration: 5h 15m 49s|
Record Label: Warner Classics

On sale at prostudiomasters

6 Likes

Teeth Of The Sea | Get With The Program | bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC
Released today 12th July.

2 Likes

Snap…Just downloaded a copy from Qobuz via their sublime deal for the 192/24 version.

For anyone that’s interested but doesn’t have the sublime Qobuz offer, it’s available in the UK for £17.50 at Presto Music… same 192/24 version.

5 Likes

Cousin Silas & Michael Brückner | Passages And Spheres
bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC

2 Likes

theadelaidean / Steve Roach | Parallels | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

…"This collaboration merges Baja Arizona-based Roach’s decades of mastery sculpting immersive soundworlds with Australia-based theAdelaidean’s delicate, meticulous sound design, taking the listener through a stately unfurling of translucent textures and etheric dronescapes. The synergy between the artists is revealed within the deep, resonating pads, liminal slow-moving sequencers, and occasional brilliant fractures of piano which provide a gentle propulsion through space and silence. Sweeping yet intimate, the over two-hour work concludes with the monumental 45-minute closer, “Intersecting Fields,” resolving on a note of transcendence, a lingering hushed state with fragments of glowing luminosity”…

SHAED - Spinning Out
Sea Girls - Midnight Butterflies
Taylor Swift - Lover

and a real treat, Irish band

Kingfishr - Live In Dublin

Saw them at Glastonbury on the Sunday and they really worked the crowd. Great goodtime music. The album, although recorded in Dublin, sounded like it was Glastonbury.