What is the ultimate speaker for Naim

That’s exactly it.
I feel the same way about the Magico S3 MkII.

Not many speakers, within that price range, are capable of such a level of precision, layering and stereo image while keeping extremely musical.

I realized how incredibly good the NAP 500DR was only when the Magico replaced my previous speakers.

Many believe in source first, which makes sense btw.
Well, I believe that speakers can be quite huge bottle neck… :wink:

Magico raised the bar pretty high :smiley:

2 Likes

They can go on the bookshelf, daarling… :grinning:

I’ve happily owned some of those speakers on the list but wouldn’t presume to choose an ultimate. Something I would like to say in praise of Allaes though is that they seem Naim’s most flexible speaker in terms of amp requirements. From what I read here on the forum they appear to work with everything from Unitiqutes to NAP300DRs :slight_smile:

But agreed, this is not the same thing as ultimate.

2 Likes

I would need to move house to accomodate the Statement and any L/S which costs more than £100k from Absolute Sounds. Would still need a home demo to see if it worked though. Imagine the fun with a three person team doing multiple demos in your dedicated listening room.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the 4367 I auditioned but came to a similar conclusion in that I’m not sure they could be my only speakers. Lots of speakers are described as providing a “live music” experience but these really do live up to that. Anyone that can accommodate their size and looks and want music to be visceral and fun, should have these at the top of the audition list.

1 Like

The best speakers I’ve heard were Shahinian Diapasons. I settled for the Hawks, but one day I’ll upgrade.

2 Likes

Another vote for 808’s Its all the fault of those guys at Signals.

Last year, an irresistible ND555 deal to succeed the NDS (that went to my ( very happy) brother).

This year, their ex-dem Statement pre-amp seduction, followed by an offer to listen to their dem 808s whilst they closed for holidays (I had 88s before and loved them).

So, now it’s a 555, statement pre, 500 power and 808s. Stunning-but then I listen to classical, voice and opera as well as Jazz, Blues, rock etc, so they really do it for me. Lockdown has been really quiet pleasurable…!

Resisting their siren calls to listen to an active set-up…

Plus, I have solid concrete floors in my basement music room.

7 Likes

MBL’s the big ones

Yes, an active Statement system would be quite something…would put a smile on Alistair for sure😁

@Premmyboy

I ran MF7s for about three years, and absolutely loved 'em.

It was only when a three month old pair of 9s appeared, at less than half price, that I pounced. … and who wouldn’t? :open_mouth:

1 Like

@dave-marshall I am done now with speakers. These are fantastic and are keepers. Honest!

1 Like

To be fair, Mr. Neat does make some exceedingly good speakers.

But never say never. :rofl:

3 Likes

So not using the system then?

1 Like

Neat acoustics Xplorer. Awesome piece of kit .Always go well with Naim. Before Focal got into bed with Naim. The Neats were always a good choice

2 Likes

Agreed. However they generate too much bass for my difficult room, so I had to downsize to Super HL 5 Plus. No plans to change those in a foreseeable future.

Claude

2 Likes

How about Tandy Optiumus!!! :joy: :rofl:

Audiovector R8s on the end of Statement & NDS blew my socks off (not literally) at one of the best demos I’ve attended in recent years. Just one lottery win needed…!

1 Like

I would give a pair of Totem Tribe Towers a listen (powered from say, a SN3 plus HiCap). They aren’t quite up there with the best, but they are not far off, and the stunning unobtrusive design is tops.

1 Like

Wow I had forgotten all about the Audiovectors! thanks for reminding us! I rather like the little R1’s…

:rofl:

Would be easy to home dem, my brother has a pair in his garage!

Claude