What is your power cord?

Was it plugged in at the time?

Yes it was. The RCD tripped out the whole house supply. Puppy is fine, fortunately. Lucky it wasnā€™t an expensive power lead!

1 Like

3 head and to answer your question I have no idea though one of the members may have the answer for you.

No it doesnā€™t cause problems unless they get wet obviously from someone mopping a floor or spilling coffee etc. Best to get the right number, obviously, but I had a 6 head Powerigel for years with CD555/NAC552/NAP500 which only needed 4 and it worked just fine. For sound quality, youā€™d be better off with a PowerBlack distribution block from CHC/Sean Jacobs in my experience though. Heā€™ll make one with the exact number and cable lengths you need, but will also add/change in the future if need be.

1 Like

So do we have below information about the standard naim tibia ?

• what gauge is it?
  • is it shielded?
  • inductance
  • any specific recommended length (for power cord for naim amp)

Appreciate the feedback.

some cheap options :slight_smile:

Moderated Post: Links removed. Please do not post commercial links in the Hifi Corner. thanks

A Custom HiFi Cables (CHC) PowerBlack cable made a positive SQ difference on my NAP150x.

Have you received the CH3 ?

I use Naim stock power cable and I am satisfied.

1 Like

I use Russ Andrews Powerkord Evo 500 it is amzingā€¦far superior to Powerlineā€¦

Not yet.

1 Like

Just arrived today - a Sean Jacobs CHFC PowerBlack IEC for my Nova. Lots of v positive reviews on the forum and for Ā£120 well worth a punt

5 Likes

Using that same cord in a 2.5 meter and bulgin connector and silver US plug configuration for my BD 160. Sounds great. So much so considering getting one for the DAC V1.

2 Likes

I used one on my Nova for a while as I needed the longer PowerLine on a CH3 in that config. I swapped back and tbh I canā€™t say the Powerline was better, slightly different but it was minor.

2 Likes

Did you notice much of an improvement from either of them over the supplied Powerlite cord?

The PowerLine was a decent upgrade for the money. It brought the sound from just being very good to a more natural and engaging ā€˜Naimā€™ like sound. I got the PL for a good price, marginally more than what a second hand one would cost so I took a punt. I have always had a PL spare on something else but after the Music Works block and Melco I had run out!

1 Like

Thanks for that. I will have a play with PowerBlack v Powerlite tomorrow

1 Like

The CHC PowerBlack cable is clearly better than a Naim Powerline Lite on my NAP.
But imo clearly not as good as a Naim Powerline on my 555DR.

1 Like

Two dedicated radial using Belden 19364/83803 combined cable to MS rhodium sockets. The Naims are on a MusicWorks ReFex Ultra G3, all on Naim Powerlines. The Melcos on a MusicWorks Ultra G1 a combination of Powline and Powerline-Lites. The MusicWorks are on Furutech terminated Belden 83803, with a Wurth ferrite core, ironically, a cable a fraction of the price of the terminations at each end. But tied lots of other cable and keep coming back to the 8303. Sometimes expensive is nā€™t better.

20200820_213932

20200820_213741
The electrician, who thinks Iā€™m off my head, plugged his meter into the ReFex and could hardly get a resistance reading when he fitted the radial a few years back, he reckoned the mains was getting there very clean. All very ironic when you recon the power gets here on bogstandard copper cable but a bit like ethernet it may be the last few meters thatā€™s important!
What ever you do enjoy your musicā€¦ and not your cable :wink:

6 Likes

Iā€™m currently experimenting a lot on different configurations of power cord placement after I have settled with everything else. This is the last area I would be concentrating on to bring the system to a higher level of performance.

Currently I have cords ranging from cheap to mid-level. I also use 2 power strips, one is the Wireworld Matrix 2 (UK plugs) and another one is Balanced Power Technologies PPC (US plugs).

My current cords;
Naim standard (UK)
Chord Powerchord(UK)
Supra Lorad (US)
Wireworld Elektra 7 (US)
Virtual Dynamics Nite II (US)

Iā€™ve been switching all these cords in various configurations from wall outlet to power strip, and then power strip to components. There is a difference in sound presentation when the cords are swapped, some subtle, some quite noticeable. I am not using Naim amps at the moment but a Luxman L-590AXII.

Iā€™ll be receiving a used Acrolink Mexcel 9700 cord very soon which is the costliest power cord Iā€™ve ever considered. Even at its used price itā€™s costlier than the Hicap DR and close to a new Nait XS3. This one will likely last a lifetime in my system.