What is your power cord?

I have narrowed down the choices to

1. Furutech GTO-D2 NCF
  2. Audioquest Niagara 1200

I’m currently using BPT PPC upgraded with Oyaide R1 and Bybee quantum purifier. I’m not sure if the above options will be better than the current BPT strip that I am using in my system.

Although there may not be any comparison between these 2 units, any thoughts based on spec? Which will supposedly deliver better performance?

I noticed there are few small transformers inside the Niagara 1200 when I found a photo of it after some searching on the internet . In this sense it’s a little different from normal power strips in the implementation.

The other option I was looking at, the Furutech GTO-D2 as shown below.

A note is the power strip / conditioner will not be used with Naim amps at the moment.

I think with your system an Audioquest Niagara 3000 would be a much better choice.

Haaaaaa bad

This is a bit of an old boys wife tale. There are plenty of power filters that work very well with Naim, just pick a good one that doesn’t reduce dynamics but lowers the noise floor. Technology has moved on, Naim need to catch up.

1 Like

How? i already said there is no audition in my country need blind purchase over the sea.in my country we have only plplus ISOL-8 and ISOTEC EVO everything else needs to look over the sea

A miscommunication I think?

Who use here IsoTek Evo3 Polaris to share with me his impression? is it on the level comparing to those more expensive? I`m using right now Matrix 2…restless to decide which one to buy

1 Like

@Mike_S

1 Like

Thx…I’ll wait patiently for Mike serious answer

I have seen a few outside the UK comment that the music works block is no good because it’s UK only. I use a Schuko Powerline to the music works then UK plugs to the kit - at the moment one Powerline and 2 standard Naim kettle leads which I will swap for Powerlines at some point.

I don’t enjoy experimenting and it’s clear Naim value mechanical decoupling of cable/connector and consensus is generally that UK Powerlines work well with Naim boxes. Non UK Powerlines don’t have a fuse but lose 50% of the mechanical decoupling benefits.

Just another option to consider if outside the UK. I also find the music works (or UK types in general) much neater than most of the Schuko options I have seen, which leave cables sticking out like a hedgehog.

Hie Elfer, Furutech make an angled Schuko plug & you can avoid the hedgehog look.
They are even more interesting in that they have the ability to change the cable exit direction

1 Like

Elfer, I didn’t read the same concerning Musicworks. Only that it has only UK plugs, but not that it’s not good for that reason.

Hi Mike - that is a great option if you want to make your own cable.

I make all my own cables (except ethernet) & if I lived in a “Schuko” region I would go for those every time.

1 Like

Hi French, I worded my sentence badly. I didn’t mean to infer anyone said it wasn’t a good piece of kit, just that it wasn’t a good choice outside UK given the UK only sockets. I just wanted to highlight it doesn’t have to be a limitation and could be a good option if you want the full benefit from Powerlines.

1 Like

I think that the right angle exit for the cable is a good thing especially if they are used in sockets in the wall

Didn’t know that powerline uk sound better than powerline Europe. First time I read that.
Curious to know if it’s 100% true.
Just curiosity, because I don’t use anymore Powerlines.

Can you be clear more specific what you said? my Matrix 2 is not Not suitable to UK or my Chord music cable isnt suitable for Matrix..i don't really follow your point…whats wrong?

I don’t know that it does sound better. What is clear is that Naim put a lot of effort into mechanical decoupling and it is implemented at both ends on the UK version versus one end on the euro version. Naim seem to think decoupling matters since it is also implemented in highline and superlumina.