What is your power cord?

I mean that I have seen suggestions for power cords to music works block but music works was not considered a suitable option due to being uk specific. I was trying to highlight that it is quite easy to incorporate music works or other UK specific power block/ conditioner/whatever by connecting the block to the wall with a Schuko (or whatever) connecter and still be able to use UK Powerlines (with double decoupling) to your equipment.

It is an option to consider if you want to make the most of Powerlines. My comment wasnā€™t targeted specifically at your (or anyone elseā€™s) set up.

If your power cord has uk plugs, like on the picture, it canā€™t be connected to a powerblock with Shukko plugs ( with holes).

I donā€™t understand because the plug which connects the Naim ps is the same for UK or Europe. The plug which connects the powerblock or wall is different in UK or Europe.
The UK or Shukko doesnā€™t connect components but powerblocks or wall plugs.

Sorryā€¦Itā€™s beyond my comprehension what you said

Both are decoupled at the IEC connector. Only the UK version is decoupled at the other (wall/power block) end.

Thanks, I understand now.
So finally you recommend someone , who lives outside UK, to buy uk powerlines and a powerblock with uk plugs.
Interesting.

Is it the same for my Chord Sarum t power cord? The UK one is better decoupled?

Hi @Meni, I use this in my media room with my Nova and I use the Sirius on my main system. I have found them very good and they include filters that will clean up the power and give a clearer presentation with a lower noise floor. I would recommend either of them, the Isotek products are pretty good all round.

1 Like

Iā€™m not necessarily recommending it, just suggesting music works or similar could still be an option outside the UK to allow non uk residents to experience full benefits of Powerlines. I use this set up and am very happy with but as I mentioned earlier, I donā€™t enjoy the process of experimenting so havenā€™t compared to other combinations.

This is what the Music-Line website has to say about the Powerigel:

It makes connected components sound tonally very balanced, and it makes music reproduction much more powerful, clearer and more rhythmically precise. Even in terms of design, it beats everything that has come before.

True dat :joy:

(translated from German. I hope I am allowed to link to a Naim distributor: https://www.music-line.biz/cms/POWERIGEL.198.0.html)

I might be wrong but I donā€™t think Chord use mechanical decoupling in their cables.

Has anyone compared a Powerline (UK) and Furutech (UK) from wall outlet to power strip / conditioner? Any difference and which one sounds better?

The disadvantage is that UK plugs require a fuse, so what you gain in mechanical decoupling may be lost in that skinny bit of wire inside it. Still, this is all just speculation, and not everyone feels that the Powerline is an audible upgrade over a standard UK lead.

1 Like

Was just commenting the lookā€¦not its efficiency.

I know. So did Music-Line, and I always found this attempt to spin the ugliness to be quite hilarious. Nevertheless I just purchased a Plus (with Power-Lines), I am just taking care to hide it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mikeā€¦IsoTek Evo3 Polaris v.s Sirius justifies the extra price?

At your level you might want look quite a bit further up their range? I went with the Sirius on my main system as itā€™s the better of the 2 spec wise and it comes with brackets, so I was able to fix it to the back of my cabinet for a tidy solution.

My Ansuz (C2 level) was expensive but I actually heard a pretty nice uplift to my system with it. Replaced Naim PowerLines. I have their C2 power cords too. The block is pretty easy on the eyes, and sits nicely on the Fraim if need be.

Ansuz-Mainz-A2-C2-D2-670x430

ansuz_mainz8a2c2d2_illu

2 Likes

The OLSEN hospital grade pdu or OLSEN sound fantastic pdu with the any extraneous lights and surge protection removed to keep it as clean, simple and direct as possible minimising unneeded connections. This could be eventually rewired and upgraded with higher grade copper, better iec inlet and new fuse which iā€™m going to attempt in the near future!

Didn`t understand what does ā€œbrackets,ā€ function i am not strong person on technical isue