What is your power cord?

It’s too expensive…no courage enough to buy Ansuz

Brackets are fittings that go around the block so you mount it sideways to a wall or cabinet.

Actually i don’t need it …i only care how good it comparison to Polaris in terms of sound…i believe you did a test sound between those two

I don’t think I compared them on the same system, I’ve used the higher specified one on my main system. They both reduced noise significantly and both work well. The Isotek range generally improves with price, so in some ways it just matching a sensible cost against the overall system, bearing in mind how much current your system needs.

I think it`s not a huge different in price…is it correct?no Naim no music…I said no whiskey no music

I got a nice trade-in on my Powerlines, which helped. I really never heard any uplift from PL’s vs Tibia in my system, and also didn’t want to just try a bunch of stuff. My dealer told me he’d take the Ansuz back no questions if I didn’t hear it, but I did, pretty distinctly, from the first use.

I got the tripp lite heavy duty power cord for $10 - specs are similar as the tibia. sounds quite similar as well.

D’addario has a 12 gauge power cord for $25 meant for musical instruments. but likely sounds good with hifi.

Lava caldera cable which is a combo of belden 19803 and 19364 - again meant for musical instruments. but there are some reviews that it is better than both the well known belden cables. Anybody heard this?

I believe so, in which case the Sirius is the better value I think.

1 Like

I use the D’Addario power cables with my amps and pedal board. Sounds great, road durable. The 18 gauge power cables that come with most guitar gear isn’t up for it. I’ll have to put them into the hifi and see if I can hear a difference vs the tibia.

D’Addario power cables is very cheap

There is rumors that Chord is going to have a power strip

Since purchasing an AudioQuest Niagara 1200, I’ve switched my power cords to their Blizzard (wall outlet to Niagara) and NRG Z3’s for the rest. AudioQuest claims there is symmetry there. It took several weeks of burn-in, but now that everything has settled down, I’m a believer. Very natural presentation!

Just came home half an hour ago from picking up my new, used PowerIgel Plus. Could obviously not wait to install it and loving it already. Also a really pleasant evening with the seller. Hi H., and thank you! :slight_smile: Loving it already :two_hearts:

Edit: Cable dressing will be a nightmare

Just powered up my DAC V1 with a new Shunyata Venom NR V-10 and all I can say is - wow, the V1 sounded broken before with a Tibia and I wish I’d done this a long time ago. Only a couple of hours on the cable, but much bigger sound, less glaring in the treble (i.e. a tenor sax is now entirely non-fatiguing), and all that. I can tell it needs a few hours playing - I think the bass will open up a bit more. All in all very happy with the Shunyata, and I got it for almost $100 off.

I have always had great results with chord cables - speaker, usb, ethernet etc.

But have not tried their power cable which unfortunately doesn’t seem to come with an american connector plug.

I have never seen any real difference with a power cable - only once though in a negative way when I tried shunyata venom and audioart power cables with my unitiqute.

The $10 tripplite heavy duty pc surprised me recently as well as it worked quite well on the nap-100.

But would like to give chord a try if possible as I have always seen an improvement with the use of their other cables.

Next day I took the opportunity to clean up the stereo’s power circuit. The filtered audio power strip I used so far for the stereo (a Fisch AFL, a leftover from a previous system incarnation), specifically its dedicated outlets for digital equipment (that are supposed to prevent digital noise being fed back into the circuit), is now doing duty as a filter for the TV, assorted TV boxes, router, and switch. In the process I discovered that the innocent-looking transformer belonging to an LED floor lamp is quite the polluter and banished it completely from the circuit.

The only stuff in this circuit is now the stereo (via the PowerIgel) and the Fisch with the other stuff behind its filters. And what can I say, the PowerIgel alone with everything else unchanged was an improvement in natural flow of music, but the circuit clean-up combined with the PowerIgel is a revelation, just wonderful. Obviously I should have done this long ago, but never had the dedication that the purchase of the 300 DR has instilled in me :slight_smile:

Special thanks to my adviser at the retailer who recommended to re-purpose the Fisch in this way, silly me would have sold it otherwise.

I use Chord music into matrix 2 to wall …great result

I put my Chord Sarum t from the wall to the powerblock. Was previously on the 555 dr. Was not in a hurry to try because of very difficult access.
But it made a nice uplift, the instruments sound more lively and juicy now, by a small margin but clearly audible. My very heavy Kharma GR is now on the 555 dr ( my second best power cord).

1 Like

Have to say that Chord and Eros Titan powerblock is a great match :+1:

1 Like

I think I advice you to-do that before when you intended after buying to install it on your 555ps… I’m happy I do know something in my life :rofl::rofl:

1 Like