What is your power cord?

Good idea…i have 2x555ps …I will take out the cable from digital 555ps side what`s going into Nd555 and use it to the wall…meantime a regular cable to my digital 555

1 Like

It’s not however 100% guaranteed , but worthwhile to test.

Wrong thread?

Same here. They are an improved version of what the mother ship includes in the box. And affordable to boot.

I tried the Powerline when it was first released (US version which is different from the UK version). It did not convince me to take my wallet out of my pocket.

Best
Gregg

4 Likes

Atlas cables EOS 4DD, some of Audioquest (nrg-10 and 2) and Atlas powerblock (6-outputs).

Mark Grant 1.5 & 2.5 versions. With the right plug on the end.

1 Like

Is that for a CD player ?

Which one ?

Let us know how you get on with it…

That particular one is for my Mac Mini. They also come with IEC plugs on the end and that is what I use on my Atom and other stuff.
I wouldnt swear they make difference to sound, maybe they do but they are really well made with silver plated plugs etc.

1 Like

Me too Mark Grant
Mine are my own made with his DSP 2.5mm cable, the 13A ends have BG Permaplugs with silver plated pins & IeGo IEC plugs with silver plated over Furukawa copper contacts.
Screen is connected at the power input end only, floating at IEC end

I also have a pair of Naim Powerline Lite going to PSU’s

Wall to dist board is LAPP Olflex Classic 100 CY, although its still 2.5mm like the Mark Grant, its much heavier & higher rated. 13A end is Furutech FI-1363-N1. Screen is connected at the power input end only.

Nordost heimdall 2.
Perhaps a sweet spot in their range. The lowest to make use of the micro filement technology, basically a simple plastic line drawn around the cable within the outer covering. Meant to make use of air dielectric and reduce skin effects.
With excellent Furutech connections plus AMR gold fuses added.
Other Nordost power cables I have had in the past all offered something special over the standard ones in the box, but seemed a little unbalanced - in that some aspects benefited over others. This one has a more even handed insight over everything.

1 Like

Recently made my own power cables used between both the wall socket and new IsoTek EVO3 Gemini power distribution block and my UnitiStar. The stock 2m Lite cable was not quite long enough that came with the Star.

I used Belden 19364 cable with Wattgate 320i IEC connectors and Naim PowerLine Lite plugs (re-purposed from two cables I already had). Quite happy with the results and the enjoyment of DIY brings further satisfaction.

5 Likes

No, a response to mpw requesting a clue about the relevance of the prodigal son.

2 Likes

I thought it sounded like a reference to something more topical!

Phil

Why not remove the power block from the chain and have a longer cable straight to the wall ?

I see only 1 device plugged into the isotek

Titan Audio Helios, absolutely love it, lover noise floor, excellent timing and dynamics.

Its a power conditioner as well as a distribution block, I have wired the Star with a cable long enough to enable plugging direct.

Copy of the guff from IsoTek about the Gemini:

• Removes Common Mode and Differential Mode mains noise
  • Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) reduction 30dB
  • Each independent outlet stops Differential Mode cross contamination
  • Unique delta filter topology improves product performance
  • 13,500A of instantaneous protection, featuring IsoTek’s unique sequential protection system
  • Internal wiring; multi-strand silver plated OFC copper with PTFE dielectric
  • Maximum continuous power 2300W
2 Likes

After installing matrix2 powerblock but only with a regular cord The sound became very puffy from what it sound before …had before a very simple microgal powerblock(didn’t give before attantion)…I think I need to fit a cord cable to lower the puffy sound I already have on my sl2sp’…any suggestion?

I am big fan of Ttian Audio demo from dealer on styx entry level which at the price is well worth it, then upgraded to thier mid priced leads - again more detail and control on 300, the lead on the NDX was nothing short of a revelation NAIM Powerline into SC

Titan Styx and Mains block
Titan Electra NDX
Titan Eros 300DR
Naim Powerline SC
Titan Styx Radikal

2 Likes

Need a cable cord not a powerblock…I will not buy another powerblock …cannot test for free

Powerigel 8 way hedgehog for me
Does the job well…shame the cords are all so long