What is your power cord?

I took out the matrix2 powerblock after 3 weeks didn’t like the sound to puffy to my taste … prefer my old microgal block haaaaaa one …like the sound more less bass no puffy but more krispy

By puffy…you mean bloated?

By Krispy…you mean lean and dry bass without overhang ?

Yes bloated it was with my matrix2 around 3 weeks and sound never get better…going back sound is more sharper and I prefer…sorry of my English language

No worries…was only trying to understand correctly what you meant.

Enjoy the music !

@Darkebear should respond on it . He uses also the Wireworld matrix.
I am very surprised you prefer your micro wave 5 dollars powerblock to it. It goes against the vast majority findings.
Strange. But I believe you.

5 dollars is your reason for bad device…that`s your conclusion and mine conclusion is only my ears…french there is no wrong or right. everyone ears different.

But I wonder how a mains power block can have such a vast difference in the sound presentation.

Sometimes it must be frustrating as an owner…

Meni, I said I believe you. But I am surprised because I have never heard someone saying that he prefers a very cheap powerblock vs audiophile one. I am not however criticizing your choice.

2 Likes

Well I’ve not much to say really - as I always suggest people try things in their system and use what they personally prefer.

I’ve tried some power blocks that were more expensive and I didn’t like the effect - muddled and over full in my system but may be better in a system that was sounding ‘thin’ perhaps.

A lot of this is down to personal system-tuning alongside undoubtedly (to me) better and worse power blocks and ways to use them.

The WW Matrix is by no means the best and I may at some point find a better one - or construct one to my own design perhaps - but I’ve managed to extract from it by the method I sequence the plug-in of the mains leads to the equipment exactly what I want, so I’m happy! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think my crimes are being happy once I find something that works, not being prepared to debate about it or convince anyone I’m right (because I really don’t care) - and not wanting to upgrade things too often - once I’m content. :bear:

If I could sell contentment - then perhaps I’d make enough money for a nice big upgrade! :laughing:

DB.

3 Likes

1 Like

Its everything about balance and taste in your specific room and system…in my room it was too bloated to my taste,I don`t like when the sound is to heavy… I like it thinner with sparkle at the top…i agree that with matrix2 I get more body on overall sound…this is probably better for bigger room…and my room is not big enough arounf 20square meter…It does not belong to how it is better to listen correctly it depends on your personal preferences

Well… installed back my new Matrix2 power block but renew now with a Cord shawline I borrowed from my importer and it sound really good …in the beginning I used it with an old naim regular cable …I didn’t like what I heard it sound too fat to my taste … the old naim cables had fat sound I think fitting more to their old equipments

1 Like

I use the ones that came in the box. I might get around to making my own oneday. Getting 4mm2 CSA flex into a BS 1363 plug is the challenge

I’ve found two that take larger sized cables & my screened cable is 11.8mm dia…
First I used an MS HD Power 13A, then I went for (& still have it) Furutech FI-1363, this (unusual for Furutech) is like a ‘normal’ UK 13A plug & routes the cable downward & a few more cm’s out from the wall than normal & it worked better for my application. An excellent plug but priced for the audio- (& AV) -phile market

Thanks Mike, i was afraid that you might say they were expensive. I did contemplate using BS4343 plugs and sockets, but i think the missus might have something to say about that!

1 Like

Better than before ? I knew something was not normal. What is better now ?

French…I wrote you are aloud to read the difference

Hi Mike, I haven’t bought a cord yet, most of em seem to be a bit large in diameter. I don’t really want to use singles in a woven sheath like some manufacturers do in the name of ‘mechanical protection’.

Roog, I would not mess around making cables with individual wires, a lot of messing that really doesn’t do much if anything, I’ve well trodden that old goat trail in the past
I use a Lapp Olflex Classic 100 CY from wall to dist board, its screened & something I’m keen on as a left over from my military marine electrics days, maybe a bit OCD.
If it wasn’t for the screen & I was in DIY mode, I would go for H07RN cable, this is a non-PVC insulation with ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) core insulation & polychloroprene (PCP) outer sheath. We used it extensively in band/stage equipment, flexible & didn’t have much ‘memory’ as does PVC. And dare I say remarkably similar to the PowerLine flex.
2.5mm/2 is 12mm OD, 4mm is 13.3mm OD

Thanks Mike I shall jot this down. I think I have seen CY used under raised floors where people don’t want to use armoured.