What’s coming at Munich?

Stocks are even more down in countries outside of US, though. It just doesn’t have to do anything with it :wink:

2 Likes

My interest in stockings is higher anyhow. Who cares about stocks …

4 Likes

What you do at weekends is your own affair. :grinning:

4 Likes

If the successor to the 272 is unveiled at Munich then this thread will need to be re-titled - ‘Who’s coming at Munich’

6 Likes

is this the Tin Edition ?

1 Like

New products always good for second hand prices to go lower.

As my Superuniti isn’t worth a fortune, maybe I should destine it upstairs, while waiting for the bargain 272/250 “old product”

Only if the new one sounds better

Any new product i see coming from naim from now on will be in the new design box i think.
But i can’t see much new coming right now, to many changes at naim of late, lack of components, etc, etc.
But would love to be proved wrong with a new supper dooper 500/552 topping 2 box streamer/dac.

2 Likes

I’ve always considered N-272 preamp to be somewhere on level between a Nac 152 and Nac 202.
Streaming and power supplies makes the joker.
I would expect with the time delay in mind, a revised 272 would be markedly better though still not reaching 282 level.
Maybe I should just dig out my Olive kit from the loft and spin this instead.

Yes, absolutely :+1:

I would say that was a fair assessment, and far more accurate than some of the wildly exaggerated claims that engulfed the forum when the 272 was current. It’s a foregone conclusion that any Mk2 version will receive similar adulation.
Still, it’s a product that is worthy if a place in Naim’s range. I do wonder, though, if the seemingly endless delays have caused Naim to rethink its design in terms of both form and function. When the original 272 appeared it was a full 6 years after the arrival of the first Naim streamer to use that board, and some buyers were understandably a bit miffed to be told that it was an old design with limitations when to them, it was an expensive new purchase. It won’t be so far off 6 years since the first 2nd gen streamer was released (after lenthy delays!) and I wonder it Naim will feel that they need to move on from a straight 272.2 that they might have released 3 years ago.

1 Like

Hmmm. Stockings. :grinning:.

Five,
Four,
Three,
Two,
One,

Five,Four,Three,Two,One………days to go………:bomb:

I will come to Munich and if I am not tired after one day will even go two days. As usual I will try to do my best and reflect for everybody listening experiences and some pictures from the show.
Let me know if you have special interests, while can’t promise….

15 Likes

I confess to being completely technology-challenged, so I have never really embraced the whole streaming thing.
I am confident that Naim would have explored the sound quality benefits of the 272 arrangement, but the idea of a combined streamer and pre-amp just doesn’t seem logical to me? Wouldn’t a marriage of CD player and streamer (as some other manufacturers have done) make a little more sense?

1 Like

What you tend to get is a standalone streamer, then streamer with pre amp volume and then in some cases a streamer with pre amp volume and a cd transport, which is what i have in my rossini player, but the streaming side is so good straight out the box, no need for fancy switches or cables that the cd player just isnt used in my case

I had one back in the day, great sound and looks

1 Like

What is the name, the brand? I found only the image….

Nakamichi. The 700ZXL. Rather a good cassette deck…

3 Likes

beat me to it Richard, had the tt1000 before that. both before the dragon

2 Likes